How do I change my current IVA ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Jamie.c

Post by Jamie.c » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:15 pm
How do I change my current IVA as the fees are higher than what they should be?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:20 pm
Hi and welcome,

Unfortunately you cannot change your IVA other than letting it fail and starting again. It would cost far too much money.

How do you know that the fees are too high and which company are you with?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Jamie.c

Post by Jamie.c » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:07 pm
Hi im with debt free direct. I entered the IVA and i told them that the amount was due to change before i entered into it. They explained that if that happens they can ammend the amount. A year later and im still battling with emails phone calls and im just hitting a wall. No one is helping. They said that the amount i owed now afta a sale of a vehicle doesnt really warrant me being in an IVA. They said that they would ring me back to arrange other options or maybe continuing with the IVA but over a shorter period. Ive paid off roughly 3 thousand which they said has only covered there fees. My argument is that was fees based on amount which is no longer the same. One of my creditors sold my vehicle which changed the amount owed from 24 thousand to only 7 thousand. Which i explained to my insolvency practitioner at the beggining would happen. I feel like dfd want this to fail so they can claim what i have paid as fees and im left to go through this all again. Can anybody suggest what i do. Ive been trying to get my figures and iva ammended for over a year !!
Last edited by Jamie.c on Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:44 am
I would lodge a formal complaint. Do you have proof of what you have said regarding informing them early about the sale of the car altering things?

Given the massive reduction can I ask why you didnt sell the car before approaching an iva firm?

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:40 am
Do the old fashioned thing and write to them. Ask them for a full explanaiton of what's going on so you can understand it.

As regards their fees, these are approved by the creditors and effectively come out of the creditors pocket's as it means there is less money available for any dividend to them. Even if the IVA fails they will still be entitled to take their fees at the rates approved by the creditors.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Jamie.c

Post by Jamie.c » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:44 am
The car was taken back buy the company who i had finance with. They sold the car and it cleared what i owed them. I have also tried going down the complaints route and got knowhere. They said they would look into it however they never get back to me and its costing me a fortune ringing them and waiting on hold for hours. Is it best to just ring another company who deals with IVA s and get them to take it over or start another one. ?

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:59 am
Are you saying you no longer have any creditors and everything has been paid off?

You will need to reach an agreement with your IP. Best case scenario is you reach an agreement with them on their fees and close the IVA.

Jamie - you can't start another IVA or replace your IP - it doesn't work like that I'm affraid.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Laura.Harrop

Industry Expert

Post by Laura.Harrop » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:10 pm
Dear Jamie.c

If you have not managed to resolved this issue, please feel free to email me directly directly via the email address in my profile. This will allow me to discuss your issue in further depth.

Regards
Laura
DFD Forum Expert
Debt Free Direct
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”