Would clearance for business Internet banking be refused ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:20 pm
Barclays was one of my creditors have completed IVA early down as satisfied still 21 months until 6 years up. Need clearance for business internet banking with Barclays who were one of my creditors anybody know if it would be refused.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:38 pm
Bumbping up for you as I don't know the specific answer - every bank has their own criteria.

If you already have a bank account that you use I don't see what difference access/control makes via internet banking.

I suspect the issue may actually be whether or not they permit you to actually open a new bank account (if necessary)
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:49 pm
Thanks lisa am already using internet banking for the company but barclays are changing to barclays net banking. Not a signatory on the account just make payments using internet banking have to supply all new forms and info

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:18 am
Possibly yes - Keyman principle applies.

This was something that adversely impacted someone last year involving a client of McD.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:16 am
Thanks Lifenoteasy, think Michael's client was a signatory on the account. I am not actually a signatory but assume as authorised to make payments will be checked. Hoping with everything crossed that having completed 2 years early but still showing on credit report for another 22 months they might be lenient as Barclays have been reasonable with other opening accounts just after finishing IVA's Here hoping!!!!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”