VN. Is it worth making a formal complaint; not being notified and not giving a CC time frame ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Lee.27

Post by Lee.27 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:38 pm
I am with VN and have completed my F&F nearly 2 months ago. And I understand that have gone into administration. However I have not received anything official from them and was only told when I contacted I have emailed the administrator twice and have been fobbed off twice on a standard email. Issue is they have a problem with the administration with the client bank account and can not resolve people's IVA until such time and are hoping to apply to the court once this is completed how ever this is dragging on now.
1) is it worth making a formal complaint in regards to not being notified and giving clear directions on a time frame.
2) I would like them to give some timescale of a completion as this is dragging on way to long now and I just want to complete and put this whole sorry story behind me once and for all.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed May 18, 2016 6:22 pm
Hi,

I don't think you will get very far at the moment as there is the transition but I would suggest that keep hounding them and threaten them with a complaint via the company to start off with and if no joy you will go via the Gateway.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed May 18, 2016 6:48 pm
Hi

I think your CC will be delayed I'm afraid, have you contacted the administrators using this email VardenNuttall@FRPAdvisory.com ?

Regards
Andam Davies

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed May 18, 2016 7:10 pm
You could make a complaint about the previous ip but the administrators will be focussing on resolving what they have inherited.

Unfortunately there is also likely to be a number of dmp companies having the plug pulled on them this month.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu May 19, 2016 11:06 am
A lot of proposals put estimated closure timescales of 6 months. My understanding is that 6 months to close a case is considered reasonable and a complaint will not be upheld by the Gateway unless a closure period has gone beyond 6 months so technically it could be considered that it may still take another 4 months to close your case, which would be considered reasonable.

Having said all that personally you might still wish to make a complaint so follow the internal complaints procedure.

If you haven't been allocated a new IP yet follow VNs complaint procedure - or do Aperture too as a belt and braces.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”