We rely on keeping tax rebate and worried that we will have to hand it over to IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Julie.h

Post by Julie.h » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:48 pm
We are in our first 6 months of Iva i do not currently work and my husband is self employed builder on the Cis scheme. we are just in the process of doing our end of year accounts and now we usually receive a tax rebate of overpaid tax which we rely on the pay for any tools and repairs and accountancy fees and to help us cover for the weeks my husband cannot work due to shutdown and bad weather however im reading now people on here saying we have to hand this money over is that correct because as i say we are reliant upon this money as per every year in the past, please any advice will be appreciated very much.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:49 pm
Hi and welcome,

You will need to speak to your IP about this and explain why you need the money.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie.h

Post by Julie.h » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:23 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by kallis3

Hi and welcome,

You will need to speak to your IP about this and explain why you need the money.
Ok i will get in contact again with them to try clarify this i did try asking but just got told once we receive the rebate to get back in touch and they will advise further but im so stressed worrying about it in wondered if anyone else had been through the same and what happened, this isnt a windfall its just overpayment of tax thats repaid back to us and used to fund the weeks unable to work etc and any repairs and tools for the following year.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”