How would it effect my credit, property if I added my partner, who has an IVA, to my mortgage ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Cindy.47

Post by Cindy.47 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:12 pm
Hi I took out my first mortgage 2 years ago, and earn a stable steady income. My partner has an IVA with 2 years left. How would this affect my credit /property if I were to add him onto my mortage within the next two years?

Would my property then become subject to his IVA should anything go wrong (e.g he fails to pay back for any reason), as it would then be classed as one of his properties ?

And would his IVA then lower/damage my credit?
The
He did not know the answer and suggested I contact you directly.

I am often unable to answer mobile due to work, and so email would be preferred.

Warm wishes,
Cindy

Many thanks

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:15 pm
Even if a bank allowed it your credit rating would get trashed as a consequence.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:57 pm
If he gains any title to the property then he will need to seek to release equity towards the end of his IVA. Your credit rating will be tainted and, in any event, I doubt the bank would agree, due to his credit worthiness ( or lack of).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”