Looking for a loan to finish our IVA .

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

wendy reynolds

Post by wendy reynolds » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:41 am
we have been on a Iva for 6 yrs and due to finish in October, but we need to pay 8.5 thousand in one lump to finish it. the creditors will not let us extend the Iva because they want it all now. is there a company that would loan us this amount to finish, but are not going to charge 3 times the amount we need . we are a home owner with a mortgage.but our mortgage company will not let go any assets.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:26 am
Hi and welcome,

Unfortunately, you are unlikely to be able to find a loan as your credit rating is shot. Is there a family member who could loan you the money.

Speak to your company again and tell them you probably won't be able to raise the money and say you need to extend.

Which company are you with?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:28 am
Hi and welcome. Personally I've never heard of this before. Is the loan in lieu of equity? General rule of thumb is 12 extra payments in lieu of equity, however, I do know that all IVA's are individual.

One of our experts will be along soon and I know Lisa is excellent at answering posts.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:20 am
If this is in lieu of equity most arrangements allow for a 12 month extension. Dig out your paperwork and see what it says.

I believe Shaun Vickery has a product which might help. Certainly worth a chat if your agreement allows this to happen.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:42 pm
Creditors and you will have already agreed in the proposal what was to happen with the property.

If its a standard clause, on the assumption you wont be able to remortgage then the 12 month extension is likely to apply (if you have over £5k of equitable interest).

Dust off your paperwork and have a look.

Your IP should be able to explain everything to you also - give them a call for an explanation.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”