Cabot Finance Issue

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

MrsR

Post by MrsR » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:13 pm
Hi all,

Hope you are all well.

My husband has noticed today that Cabot Finance have reopened a closed account, that they bought from MBNA and have been applying defaults again!

They've been sent 4 copies of his certificate of completion, all by recorded delivery, and yet doing this again!

Anyone else had any issues like this ?

Thank you :)
Started IVA 27th Feb 2012 - Due to complete 27th Jan 2018 !!

Full & Final submitted and accepted 30th March 2015, paid 10th April 2015 - 3 yrs 1 month into IVA :)

Completion Certificate received- 30th April 2015!!

winter_blues

Post by winter_blues » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:51 pm
Hi, they didn't default me again but I received several threatening letters. Doing to them once on the phone and the girl was very apologetic. My debt was settled years ago but letters we're going to an old address. Very frustrating for you - something wrong with their systems. It will sort itself out - that's why it's so important we keep an eye on these credit files !
Last edited by winter_blues on Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winter-Blues

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:24 pm
Just get in touch with them and tell them to remove the defaults and just do one!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:28 pm
Hi MrsR,

Cabot finance are renowned for this type of thing, as well as much worse...

Do a quick search on them and you will see all sorts of shenanigans involving them.

Nothing wrong with their systems winter_blues,they know exactly what they are doing, they are just a totally unethical `company` who try any tactic they can to get any money back on bad debts they`ve bought.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

MrsR

Post by MrsR » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:14 pm
Thank you for all the replies.

We've spoken to them and my husband had a right pop down the phone!

The advisor was very apologetic and said they'd found the documentation and the emails sent, then admitted that no one has bothered to process them !

They will process it this week to get the correct info recorded and remove the incorrect info, as well as close the account.
They also said they were going down the complaints procedure route to be able to formally investigate why it hasn't been dealt with.

Here's hoping they get it done and don't do this to anyone else !!
Started IVA 27th Feb 2012 - Due to complete 27th Jan 2018 !!

Full & Final submitted and accepted 30th March 2015, paid 10th April 2015 - 3 yrs 1 month into IVA :)

Completion Certificate received- 30th April 2015!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:37 am
That's good news Mrs R - glad you got it sorted out but poor service from Cabot.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”