What would you advise ? Aperture are threatening to delay closure if I don't sign forms.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Malcolm.w

Post by Malcolm.w » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:12 pm
Been with Aperture for 4 years.

I am 100% certain that I have never had any PPI but Aperture are forcing me to sign forms of authority with SHL.

I have personally triple checked that I had no PPI but if I do not sign the forms they are threatening to delay closure.

I am tempted to yield and sign the forms as it is academic as they won't get anything.

What would you advise?

ginger323232

Post by ginger323232 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:26 pm
Even if you had PPI - at present it is seen as a asset of the IVA so you wouldnt get. You can wait until NOV 2017 when there is a judgement, but until then you would be under some of terms of the IVA until that certificate is issued. You IVA would remain opened and it would contine to be on your credit report - regardless of what time period

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:36 pm
I would advise to sign the forms -- after checking they ONLY relate to PPI or similar refunds. Firms have been known to slip in other changes without mentioning them.

I, too, was adamant that I had never had PPI --- they found over £8,000 !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:37 pm
I agree with Foggy - won't hurt you to sign the forms.

I had all of £50 paid into my IVA!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:08 am
I've never claimed PPI as I believe I never had it. However, after reading about others on the forum, I may be surprised. My IVA is finished and I have no intention of trying as I can't remember my creditors let alone my account numbers.

If I were in your position, I would sign and returned the requested forms, but do check them thoroughly as like Foggy says, they may try to put something unexpected in there!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:44 am
If you don't sign you will have to wait for them to conclude the PPI findings.

The PPI position will make no difference to you either way so if you want your CC quickly then you will need to sign the assignment documentation.

If in doubt seek legal advice.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”