Aperture 🙄🙄🙄

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

Jo1979

Post by Jo1979 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:05 am
Is anybody else having problems with Aperture formally grant Thornton taking an age to do anything?
Sent our annual review documents over 8 weeks ago and they still haven't done it! I emailed to chase and it took a week to reply and all I got was "we are experiencing a high volume of work beyond our control but we will do it soon!"
Seriously? A high volume of work beyond their control? Ermmm no they have just clearly taken on too many clients and don't have the manpower or resources to cope! After 5 years of jumping through hoops and doing everything that has been asked of us within the timescale specified this doesn't bode well for our final 12 months and I'm beginning to wonder just how long exactly we will be waiting for a completion certificate next year.. 60 payments made 12 to go ....

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:12 am
Unfortunately this frequently happens when companies take on work from other companies. Its the customer who suffers and you are correct its often because of taking on too much work.

Had much changed on your income and expenditure?

I know its always an anxious time waiting to hear back after a review and clearly any delay is unwanted.

Hope its not too much longer. You could instigate a formal complaint but you'd find by the time they looked at it the review would be over anyway.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Jo1979

Post by Jo1979 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:18 am
No income & expenditure is pretty much the same as last year and the year before and the year before... our payments haven't changed in 5yrs. Mainly due to nominal pay rises and rising cost of living. It's just so frustrating as we have been model clients on my opinion never missed a payment, always complied with everything asked of us..

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:31 am
Fingers crossed that it comes through soon.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Andy.75

Post by Andy.75 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:39 am
My IVA was with Aperture formally Grant Thornton. Sent in my annual reviews each year but payment remained the same. Iva finished March this year. Completion certificate came May

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:34 am
They show intermittent signs of changing from their old "GT" ways, but still, it seems, have not learned from past mistakes!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:44 am
You can either wait it out of make a formal complaint to Aperture in the first instance, followed up by a complaint to the Gateway.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Tracy.77

Post by Tracy.77 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:38 pm
I have been dealing with Grant Thornton since 2013 and they are a nightmare, we made a one off payment 3 weeks after confirmation from creditors on what was due and it took 15 months for completion certificate to arrive, they still didnt remove us from the Insolvency Register until i realised last week, after phoning Credit Agencies today I have found out that if the debt is paid in full within 28 days the IVA is dropped from your file so 2 years down the line my IVA is still shoring as active.... GT are a joke. They promised me an email today and guess what ... it hasnt arrived

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:11 am
As per other thread Tracy.77 your iva will show for 6 years from start date on your credit reports but should show as completed - it should however be removed from the insolvency list.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:10 am
Also, it takes up to 3 months from the date you receive your CC to come off the register.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”