How do I stop creditor, who was included in my IVA, sending debt collection letters ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Michael.cs

Post by Michael.cs » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:37 pm
i have started getting debt collection letters from a company called westcot re a debt which was included in my iva which finished in 2014, What can i do to stop these letters.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:10 pm
Send them a copy of the Chairman's Report and the Final Report which will detail the inclusion of the debt in the IVA and the completion ( the certificate might also be required).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:20 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Foggy

Send them a copy of the Chairman's Report and the Final Report which will detail the inclusion of the debt in the IVA and the completion ( the certificate might also be required).
Also tell them that as the debt was included in the IVA which is now finalised and closed you will be adding 'administration charges' to each and every letter that you have to deal with regarding this matter, £15 per received letter or email and £15 for each reply to said letter or email; any reply to this demand from your company will constitute an agreement to the terms and fees outlined, which if necessary will be filed in the small claims court.[:D]
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:46 pm
Westcot have likely bought a batch of debts some of which are unenforceable. Threaten going to the ICO if they continue to harass you in this way.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”