I recently successfully appealed my benefit application as it was initially rejected.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Becki

Post by Becki » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:23 pm
In August 2015 I was medically dismissed from my job in the NHS. I was 40 years old I have been left permanently disabled and had to apply for ill health benefit through my pension. I hadn't paid a lot of years in to it only 11 years with quite a few that were part time as I was struggling to stay working. At this time I was only early into the IVA I have now paid £2923 out of £6283 leaving £3360. I recently successfully appealed my ill health benefit application as it was initially rejected. I have not been told any definite figures,I suppose not huge amounts as I have not paid in compared to a long working life contribution. The only thing I have been told is because I have had to fight to get it for nearly 2 years I will be owed back dated pay (maximum 15k) and receive then monthly payments thereafter (about £400). I owe money to my children for money I borrowed to pay a deposit for our car which was 3k. I desperately need a new wheelchair as I am currently housebound. Its money that will have to last me into old age, I am only 41 still. Should I offer to pay some of my back pay to the IVA clear the Account or will I be able to keep it as it is money that will need to last me a long time

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:37 pm
You will need to discuss this with your own IP who will weigh up the full picture as different IPs treat compensation and back payments differently.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:19 pm
Creditors are usually sympathetic to health issues and a settlement can likely be reached. I do question why you entered an IVA unless you had assets to protect.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”