New Head of Insolvency at DFD

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
31 posts Page 1 of 3

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:38 am
Hi forum friends

I am delighted to be able to share some good news with you on the forum for a change, and that is the appointment of my good and old friend Antoinette Thorpe as Head of Insolvency at Fairpoint T/A Debt Free Direct.

Antoinette worked with me about 12 years ago in my supervisory department, and subsequently trained and qualified as an Insolvency Practitioner in her own right some years later. She has worked for several large IVA providers over the last few years, she knows this profession very well, and is one of the best people I have had the opportunity of working with in my career.

Antoinette tells me that she is very aware of the occasional adverse posting from DFD clients, and I know that she takes client service very seriously and will want to do everything she can to review current procedures and put things right that may not be working so effectively - particularly lines of communication with clients.

Whilst she may not have time to post much on the forum personally, I am hoping that she will pop on soon to say hello, and perhaps appoint a forum representative to have direct contact with DFD clients who raise issues. We all remember how effective Decla was when he was fulfilling this role. I have also promised to send her forum links where I think there are issues which warrant her personal attention.

So I would like to extend a warm forum welcome to Antoinette - who tells me that she intends to personally see how she can help to improve some of the commonly referred to issues we see on the forum - PPI claims, case closure delays etc - which to be honest all firms are suffering from right now. She would also be grateful to receive feedback and comments from any clients with issues - and do remember that postive feedback is as valuable as negative as well, and that there are many clients who are happy with the service DFD has provided them with over the years.

As Antoinette hails originally from Dublin, I will also send her this note in her own native tongue:-

"Ta failte romhat!"
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:42 am
She used to be my joint IP when I was with BE, I have her name on my proposal...

Congratulations to her and I hope she will help with any problems DFD's clients have.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

Til

Post by Til » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:42 am
As a DFD client (so far a happy one) that's great news to hear Mel - thanks for letting us know and welcome to Antoinette [:)]
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:53 am
Welcome Antoinette. Hopefully DFD will get some of it's mojo back :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:45 am
Hi

Thank you for the update Mel and yes it would be good to see DFD back on this forum

Regards
Andam Davies

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:12 am
That sounds like a very positive step Melanie and as she has been one of your proteges this will be a definate improvement in customer service i'm sure. Congratulations to Antoinette and a very big welcome too.
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:09 pm
Be nice to have more experts and representatives of the bigger companies. Welcome.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

12 months to go

Post by 12 months to go » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:14 pm
hi orchid5

re mels other post re Antionette ( not sure if ive spelt this correctly )

Perhaps an email to her at DFD - assuming she has started - may give her chance to look at your case before she gets bogged down with the mammoth task shes taken on ( not a criticisim , but boy has she got her work cut out )

you know how to guess her email address at DFD , give it a whirl girl , youve got nothing to lose

best wishes and continued good luck
Last payment made April 2012
Certificate received 1st Nov 2012

back on track

Post by back on track » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:46 pm
was it not Declan who was dfd representative on here before they pulled the plug on him?
I think every company should have a representative on here just to put peoples minds at rest when you cannot get the info through the normal channels.
cc received 6th January 2014 now upwards and onwards

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:00 pm
Declan did a fantastic job for DFD resolving a lot of issues for forum members..let's hope in the next few weeks DFD appoint someone to come on here and represent them once again....welcome Antoinette...DFD did me proud in my IVA and I hope that you and your troops are able to achieve much more in the future.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:10 pm
I agree that every company should have a rep on here ( if they have the kahoonas .... the company, not the rep ). However, it should never descend to the level it has done in the past ( and still doing so ) where the rep has to take all of the flack for inactivity on the part of the company.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:54 pm
LOL 12 months to go I have gone one further than that and have spoken to my Member of parliament todays in turn they have asked for all the details so that when she writes to both companies concerned for a full explanation she has all the facts to hand!

Sadly foggy I agree with you, Declan put his head in the line of fire more than once which wasn't fair he was extremely helpful but hampered by the company he was representing. I have a sneaky suspicion that because he was dealing with so many issues the plug was pulled because it highlighted the ineptitude of the company as a whole. Hopefully now with some new leadership in place things will improve. I for one certainly welcome that.
Last edited by orchid5 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:39 pm
A representative by definition is chosen or appointed to act on behalf or represent another or in this case represent a Company.

Unfortunately this "representative" should be prepared to accept all reasonable and credible feedback, both good and bad. Simple as that!

The way to reduce negative feedback is by improving the service offered.

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:50 pm
I think that Antoinette will be more of an expert in all honesty, Declan was an advisor for DFD so fingers crossed and a very welcomed addition i'm sure.

loopylass81

Post by loopylass81 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:47 pm
Fab news and congratulations Antoinette..

Fingers crossed things start moving for cases at DFD and I along with others can get our completion certificates
31 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”