THRIFTY FRIENDS (PART 3)

326 posts Page 1 of 22

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:24 am
Whether the lack of interest because of date problem, availability or too far to travel (or cost) made it impossible to continue with the proposed meeting in Walsall on July 18th I am sorry that it had to be cancelled.

How about in South Manchester in June or July? I am happy to let my office organise one to suit the majority of you all.

Please (a) indicate your interest and (b) your preferred dates.

Format would be drinks and buffet provided and I'll try and get rooms for around £35 to £40 for those who want to stay overnight.

I suggest a Saturday night unless anyone thinks otherwise.

Melanie and Andy will be invited to attend as well.

Heres hoping. [:)]
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

hara

Post by hara » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:00 am
Dear Mr Mond,

I shall be interested to attend.

hara.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:58 am
Me and hubby will be there as well. Most Saturday nights are ok for me.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:16 am
Dave and I will be there if possible. July would be better for us as we are going and coming back from holiday on 13th and 20th June, and 6th June is also out as I'm doing the Race for Life.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:18 am
I am going on the British Lions tour to South Africa for 3 weeks in June/July - but if the date is outside of that trip, then I will do my best to get there.

Sorry the event had to be cancelled - we often found when organising the Frugal Friends meetings that we were only left with a handful of actual forum posters, and perhaps that is why the powers that be put them on back burners.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:23 am
I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if we were only going to a pub - the one at Walsall was going to be in the room we had at Christmas and I think we would have rattled round in there!

If you can come Melanie - don't forget to bring the photo's with you!

South Africa for three weeks! Sounds wonderful!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:01 pm
edited by MTL
Last edited by moretolife on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:37 pm
There was nothing confusing about it MTL - it was booked for the 18th July, and all details posted, but as there were few takers it was then cancelled. All the threads were along the same lines. Posted on both forums so that everyone could see it.

It was never 'is it on or is it off'. I had arranged it, but it fell through and the cancellation was posted immediately afterwards.

This one is nothing to do with me, totally down to David.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:38 pm
The date was set from the beginning, and the only reason it was cancelled was due to lack of interest which is a shame as so many people have asked when there would be another FF. OK, this one was unofficial, but I don't think that really matters - David was kind enough to sponsor it and Jan had booked the room so had there been more interest it would have gone ahead on 18th July.
Last edited by Skippy on Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cazlizzy

Post by cazlizzy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:02 pm
Well I'm up for it...much closer for me and I am flexible over dates too.[:D]
Never take a moment or a loved one for granted in the blink of an eye they may be lost forever.

You are welcome to view my ramblings here.
http://cazlizzy.blogs.iva.co.uk
Carole
x

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:07 pm
Manchester excellent for me as family all there so count me in for definite so long as it don't clash with any of daughter's activities in her DofE thingy. Saturday nights are good for us as we'll make a weekend of it, so count two in for us
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:58 pm
I didn't post about the event in Walsall as I wanted to talk the wife into the idea as she is doing the race for life the next day. However I will come to Manchester if its in June or the 18th July weekend. We are away first 2 weekends of July as I have studying at university on my distance learning degree. The last weekend of July we will be celebrating our 40th birthdays (we were born 2 days apart). I look forward to meeting so many of you.
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:23 pm
Manchester is good for me whatever date
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

freelili

Post by freelili » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:39 pm
I must apologise that it seems like I am not interested I am, its just that I could be moving house at any time. Also I am going away in June and July 18th was our annual family day out (now moved to the 1st August). I just havent got a clue where I will be if I will able to stay here (the place is in structural disrepair) so we could be yanked out for saftety reasons or sorted out beutifully (is that a pig in the sky flying over there?) goodness knows when or where for that matter. If this is confusing, well thats the state of my world right now, confusing and unknown. I could also be having hospital treatment any time, oh lets just not even go there..

I cant really make any plans, its my grandsons first birthday the begining of August, he is Manchester also, then again, they are moving back down south, I cant write things on paper let alone stone right now.

I am sure you get the picture, friends and forum members, experts etc.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:49 pm
No worries Lily, I completely understand how up in the air things are for you at the moment and I hope things are sorted out for you soon.

If you can make it that would be great, but if not fingers crossed we can finally meet another time xxx
326 posts Page 1 of 22
Return to “friends corner”