I am getting increasingly worried. My emails are being ignored by Kingsgate.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
25 posts Page 1 of 2

urbanfox

Post by urbanfox » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:24 am
I am getting increasingly worried. I made my last payment into my IVA 3 months ago. Due to the numerous posts on here about delays issuing completion certificates, i have been requesting an update every 4 weeks. I have paid 100p plus fees and there are no PPI issues outstanding as all of this was done during my first year. On the one and only occasion that I was ever allowed to speak to an IP (following a formal complaint), i was told that the completion certificate would be issued very quickly. My proposal states 3 months from final payment to complete the case. My chairman report also states that creditors should receive payments at least every 3 months. I am now 3 months after making my last payment and still not a penny has been distributed to my creditors although the company (kingsgate) have taken their fees regularly. I am really getting anxious that they are sitting on a large sum of money that should be with the creditors and i can't get an answer about why. I wrote to them today asking for an absolute date for when to expect my completion certificate and an explanation why creditors have not been paid. I also asked for an answer within the next 7 days or i will have to make a formal complaint. I only did this because i am fed up with having many of my emails ignored. Can anyone tell me if this is normal - to ignore the chairman report and to keep holding the money? Would it be worth engaging legal advice to hurry this along - I have paid their fees but they don't deserve them as far as i am concerned.
Thank you in advance
IVA started Jan 2012
Last payment made June 2014 @100p
Completion certificate received Sept 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:41 am
You are entitled to feel aggrieved if your emails are being ignored and a formal complaint is an option. However you have spoken to the IP before so perhaps ring again and demand to speak to them again or send them a direct email. No IP wants complaints and if you were promised something by the IP and this promise has not been kept you should complain.

You should also point out to your IP the modifications in the Chairman's Report especially concerning time limits. You do not want to be in breach despite having repaid enough to clear your debts in full.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

urbanfox

Post by urbanfox » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:46 pm
Thanks for the advice Michael. I did copy the IP on the last email that i sent - not my IP but another one within the firm as i have consistently been denied access to my own IP. I sent the email 2 days ago now and still no response - i gave them 7 days so here is hoping - i would prefer not to go down the formal complaints route as it takes 8 weeks for a final response. You are right, i certainly don't want a breach because of their inability to manage cases. I appreciate your help and i will keep you posted
IVA started Jan 2012

urbanfox

Post by urbanfox » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:27 pm
I still have heard nothing from Kingsgate but to add insult to injury, i received a letter in the post this morning from them touting for business!!! Offering me 100 pounds shopping for referring a friend to them and suggesting that i don't stop at one friend but think about 3 friends to refer - just cheeky and really.........
IVA started Jan 2012

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:11 am
I would contact them via that leaflet and get a way through to the right department, refusing to leave the phone call until you are spoken to by the IP or senior caseworker. Ignoring emails is blatant rudeness in my book and very frustrating.
Keep trying every day if you have to ... Try and resolve without formal complaint.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

urbanfox

Post by urbanfox » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:38 am
Maybe i have some trust issues luluj but i don't like to phone - i usually speak to someone who doesn't know the answer and i get into he said / she said. At least with emails i have something in writing that i can refer to. They still have 3 days until my deadline - i will wait until then and i will try to phone as you suggested. It is rude to ignore emails, i would be given the sack if i ignored my paying clients the same way.
IVA started Jan 2012

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:47 am
I agree Urbanfox -- I always prefer to get important dealings in writing. I know many companies record phone calls, but it is amazing how many recordings get lost or simply degrade over a short time!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:04 am
We would be hauled over the coals for ignoring emails and rightly so. Even if the email only says someone is looking into the problem and will be back within a number of days at least it has been acknowledged. The regulators do not like ignored correspondence.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

doritos

Post by doritos » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:54 am
I'm having similar troubles with my IVA company.

Emailing my caseworker, line manager and a senior partner and getting nothing back.

Next step is to bypass them and go straight to the insolvency service to see what I can get there.

They are also in the unfortunate situation where I know they have the email, as the only reason the email would not get through is if someone had blocked it (but there is still a copy which will be requested legally if I have to).

I wouldn't be so annoyed by it all but I am in the middle of a dispute with them and they have gone quiet (they don't post on here either anymore and they used to be all over it on here)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:53 pm
I would advise anyone hitting a stone wall to go straight to the regulators. I know the usual route is to lodge a formal complaint before the regulators will look at it -- but how can you do this if getting no responses at all !?

From the results we are seeing (or not) on many complaints about much the same thing, these regulators are either totally disinterested or not getting their ears bashed enough.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

urbanfox

Post by urbanfox » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:55 pm
Well - the 7 days have passed now and still no response to my emails so i will have to make yet another formal complaint to the company (despite the fact that they list their complaints procedure on their website but no details of where to send the complaint) and i will send the exact same complaint to their regulators at the same time - here is hoping that i can get an answer!
IVA started Jan 2012

SFA

Post by SFA » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:12 pm
This is a disgrace but please keep us updated as to how you get on.
I agree, not answering e-mails is just plain rude. We are, after all their clients and we pay their wages but I find I am treated with a degenerating level of respect by Payplan the longer the arrangement goes on. They fail to return calls and don't answer e-mails.
Then again, I e - mailed an IP on here as that IP encourages forum members to get in touch for general advice. Guess what..... No reply !
SFA

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:02 pm
I often wonder how some of these companies get away with such poor customer care. I'm sure if you were wanting to talk about new business then they'd be answering that phone very quickly.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:43 am
Hence my suggestion of phoning in and insisting on a conversation with IP or senior case worker. Emailing does provide an audit trail so long as emails are received ...how do you know your emails have been received?
Why not print your emails and write a letter attaching emails as evidence ..use recorded delivery to send the items and then once received phone them ... i personally would be phoning daily on this now and logging all calls and names of who I spoke to ....
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

urbanfox

Post by urbanfox » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:40 am
Hi luluj, i really appreciate your suggestion and i will do as you suggest and send the same letter recorded delivery. This has however been going on since the start of my IVA so every time i send an email, i request a delivery receipt and also a read receipt - i know that all my emails have been delivered and read just not answered.
IVA started Jan 2012
25 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”