11 months in

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
23 posts Page 1 of 2

Rickne

Post by Rickne » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:38 pm
April is officially my 12th payment and I am assuming I'll hear about my yearly review very soon. Not overly worried . Iv'e kept PDF files of every pay slip on HDD and also kept my spreadsheet from PJG up to date so I know if i need to pay extra (overtime). So as far as presenting data like that Iv'e no concern.

However has anyone else had to present any bank statements to Credifix on review? I've certainly had no extra income which includes payrises or falls since I started. I may overspend willy nilly time to time but I always make my payments without any hassle.

Should I have any concerns about my spending? I remember PJG telling me If i was finding life easy then the IVA was working as intended. I certainly do not have a frugal lifestyle. I have no mortgage and live with the parents right now. Also my IVA over 5 years pretty much equals my total debt minus the interest of course.

I mention about my spending in a few threads around here but no one has stopped me as yet and said ..woah your gonna have to explain all those cases of beer on weekends or the odd playstation game or online subscription :P

I assume I'll need to dig out the expenditures sheet PJG drew up for me when I started , also?

Upon reading PJGs terms at least they only required 3 payslips prior to the review and my p60 .
Regards.
Last edited by Rickne on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Completed via Early exit loan on year 4

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:11 pm
I gather CF ask for 6 months payslips -- but, as long as your expenditure is as agreed and your income is as stated then the surplus is yours to do with as you wish.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Rickne

Post by Rickne » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:18 pm
Well when you say as agreed , I mean all the relevent people get there money like say child maintenance , phone bills , rent etc . Its just things like fuel , food etc that get changed month to month I guess.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:32 pm
Well, we were given £406 per month for groceries. Some months (not many) we spent less, some more -- but I wouldn't say we lived frugally --- OK we had to budget and some things were the lower end of the price range, but we did OK.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:48 pm
I know what you mean. Our review due early April. We were with PJG so this will be our first CF review. Im concerned re: spending because i dobt spend £x on clothes and £x on haircuts each month but our direct debits are what we say they are and our income hasnt changed, we pay what we were expected too and Mel set our allowances realistically for a family of 5 to live relatively comfortably. However, CF seem to have different allowances and have altered what someone else put on their I&E so im now concerned incase CF make ridiculous alterations because of our bank statements.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:53 pm
Your allowances were agreed by your creditors and form the "base line" for future reviews and your payment can only be changed in line with the agreed terms.

ridingthestorm

Post by ridingthestorm » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:00 pm
I've just sent off my yearly review to CF last night. Had nothing through the post. So I phoned and they emailed me the new I&E form which was different to PJG. So I did the best I could as there were different allowances to the PJG one. I emailed over 6 months payslips and 6 months personal Bank accounts and 6 months of joint house hold bank accounts. As requested. Me and my wife have separate personal bank
accounts and one just for house hold bills (mortgage,gas etc) I'm in IVA and wife is not. Nothings really changed financially so fingers crossed.

BTW all my allowances were agreed by creditors when IVA was setup. So there's NO WAY CF will even attempt to change them.
Last edited by ridingthestorm on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loved Money, Hate Credit, Road to Recovery.... IVA started 3/3/14 -- IVA F&F accepted 18/5/17 :D

Rickne

Post by Rickne » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:06 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by ridingthestorm

I've just sent off my yearly review to CF last night. Had nothing through the post. So I phoned and they emailed me the new I&E form which was different to PJG. So I did the best I could as there were different allowances to the PJG one. I emailed over 6 months payslips and 6 months personal Bank accounts and 6 months of joint house hold bank accounts. As requested. Me and my wife have separate personal bank
accounts and one just for house hold bills (mortgage,gas etc) I'm in IVA and wife is not. Nothings really changed financially so fingers crossed.

BTW all my allowances were agreed by creditors when IVA was setup. So there's NO WAY CF will even attempt to change them.

I can give bank statements should they wish but they won't get anything they don't ask for. I have yet to hear from anyone specifically say Credifix demanded bank statements. All I have is a list of expenditure for which I'll tick every one and say its no different . :)

My point has always been that before my IVA I had a couple hundred to play with all month and now its a reverse. I have around 600 a month to do as I please. But then I couldn't rent my own place on that :(
Last edited by Rickne on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ridingthestorm

Post by ridingthestorm » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:40 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Rickne
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by ridingthestorm

I can give bank statements should they wish but they won't get anything they don't ask for. I have yet to hear from anyone specifically say Credifix demanded bank statements. All I have is a list of expenditure for which I'll tick every one and say its no different . :)

My point has always been that before my IVA I had a couple hundred to play with all month and now its a reverse. I have around 600 a month to do as I please. But then I couldn't rent my own place on that :(
The email they sent with attached I&E had also another page attached which stated 6 months payslips and bank statements..

Guess looking for windfalls or extra income.
Loved Money, Hate Credit, Road to Recovery.... IVA started 3/3/14 -- IVA F&F accepted 18/5/17 :D

harrysmummy78

Post by harrysmummy78 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:52 pm
I sent 6 months of bank statements was also worried as showed a lot of spending over Christmas on gifts ect what I had saved over the year out of bonuses ect no mention was made about my statements at all so I assume it is purely to check for windfalls and to confirm DD's
Inter-locking IVA approved 25th Feb 2013 - F&F offer Accepted 06th July 2017 - Completion Certificate received 20th July 2017

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:54 pm
I doubt they would have time to scrutinise statements in any great detail.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:02 pm
I agree with Foggy, they'd have to employ a team to look at every clients' bank statements entry by entry.

I didn't have to provide bank statements but your allowances are yours to do as you wish with.

I felt rather well off in an IVA as opposed to pre-IVA as all my money went to creditors and we scrimped on everything.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

ridingthestorm

Post by ridingthestorm » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:06 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Rickne

The email they sent with attached I&E had also another page attached which stated 6 months payslips and bank statements..

Guess looking for windfalls or extra income.

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:26 pm
Intially all I was asked to do for my annual review with creditfix was to fill in their I&E. I also took the same stance, as in I would only provide what was asked for. They did then come back to me and ask for 6 months bank statements. I asked what this was for, and they said just to check for any undeclared income or windfalls, and that my spending would not be scrutinised. I was a bit worried, as we had a few large purchases that we saved up for with my husbands overtime share, and even a modest holiday! There were no issues with this though. Interestingly, they have not asked for my p60 or wageslips though.

Rickne

Post by Rickne » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:19 pm
Very helpful info folks. Thankyou . Guess Ill be taking lots of screenshots next month then :)
23 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”