travel agents

13 posts Page 1 of 1

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:01 pm
Hi.I wonder if anyone can help? 2009 holidays are being advertised at a local travel agents.Small deposit- 10%.Then monthly payments.Would this constitute credit.It appears to be like a saving scheme to pay fot the holiday.Wonder if they do a credit check.Too scared to ask as they might credit check me and clearly this is to be avoided at all cost! I doubt I could afford the monthly holiday contributions but I was just having a little fantasy of feling the sun again next year...Cat

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:09 pm
No this is not credit - as you have not received anything that you have not paid for. I doubt that this would involve any credit checking.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

chardonnay

Post by chardonnay » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Oh Cat,
The thought of some sun on my face and holiday clothes...!!! how super.
Which travel agent was the offer at? If u pay before you go and I can afford it I'll be really tempted - I haven't had a holiday away for three years!!
Hugs,
Chardonnay
Chardonnay

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:53 pm
Cat, it's a deposit they ask for. It's non-refundable so you'll lose it if you don't pay the rest. They must make a fortune like that.
Don't worry about credit checks or asking for credit card details, they won't ask for anything like that. It's a good way to pay for a holiday providing you pay regularly as if you don't you'll have the full balance to pay at once.
Hope you choose somewhere nice, it'll give you something to look forward to for next year.

Ps. check out Portland Direct as they have quite good offers for next year and it's only £50 deposit each......[:D]
Last edited by chris.g on Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's nice to be back......

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:15 pm
it was a local travel agents and only seen whilst waiting at the lights.Don't know what the small print or deals would be.I'm dreaming? Family of 4.We would need to save at least £200 each month for a year to have enough to buy the hol and some to spend? Who am I kidding? Only so much pleasure one can derive from beans on toast, egg on toast, marmite...you've guessed it? It might be sunny in Cubria when we go for our 4 nights in a caravan!!!Cat

chardonnay

Post by chardonnay » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:00 pm
It's good to dream...keeps the spirit alive!!
Maybe it's "my gate" again, but hey at least I can afford it! My OH and I are saving pennies & lose change in the hope it mounts up to a holiday fund, I live in hope,
Hugs,
Chardonnay
Chardonnay

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:18 pm
We've all got to have dreams and who knows, maybe one they'll cme true. Life would be very boring if we couldn't dream!

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:21 pm
Cat, all things are possible!!! You don't have to spend a fortune away, things can be done on a budget, the same as here. Why not do a few sums and see if it's possible, if not for '09 maybe for '10......
It's nice to be back......

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:27 pm
i love to dream and constantly dream of holidays in lanzarote...one day
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk

Wizzard

Post by Wizzard » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:33 am
There's that strange word again .... holiday .... that keeps cropping up on this forum. Anyone know what it means???
When I was young I was called a rugged individualist
When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric
Here I am doing and saying the same things I did back then and now I'm labelled senile

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:38 am
It was something I used to have in the dim and distant past before debt reared it's ugly head!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

quark2008

Post by quark2008 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:01 pm
Morning, urgh i mean afternoon cat1. Just done 4 nights, a bit bleary eyed and wobbly.Was thinking, why don't you try and get a pre pay debit card.And there is a company called megabus that do dirt cheap coach fares.Blighty had some fairly gorgepuss places to stay, i'm off to Scotland in September, £10 return !

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:17 pm
A friend of mine scours E Bay specifically to look at holiday vouchers. I know over the last year he has bought over £1000 worth of Thomas Cook vouchers for less than £800, a 20% plus saving which is obviously worth having.

Apparently, a lot of people win them in raffles, work incentives etc and sell them on at a discount for cash, so well worth a look I would have thought.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for july”