Tried & Tested from Aldi

17 posts Page 1 of 2

Rockin Diner

Post by Rockin Diner » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:22 pm
Hi All
This should cheer everyone up - it did me!! We have discovered some lovely wine from Aldi only £3.69 a bottle its called Portico and you can get it in white or rose.

I can also recommend the Aldi man-size tissues. I thought I would never buy anything other than Kleenex man size tissues (anything else just falls apart). But the Aldi ones are definitely as good.

Anyone else got any tried and tested recommendations to share?

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:50 am
Aldi is my local shop it's at the end of my road, love it and always have. Buy lots from there too numerous to mention.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:38 am
My local Tesco is doing a good deal at the moment, don't know if it is the same elsewhere - 1.5 litre bottle of White Zinfandel for a fiver! It's not bad stuff either!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:26 pm
ladyh, that really is the pits![:(]

Hopefully the next time you do a shop you will have some dosh left and they will still have the offer on.[:)]
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

chardonnay

Post by chardonnay » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:07 pm
Hi,
My ocal asda have what seems to be a permanent offer - 3 bottles of wine for a tenner (If you're lucky enough to have a tenner to spare!!). I just tell my boyfriend about it when he suggests bringing over a bottle - that way I two bottles for during the week, which is handy if ther's a bad day at the office!!
You can also get 3l of Country Manor for about £3 at ASDA - it'svery drinkable!!
Now you know why I'm called Chardonnay!!
Hugs,
C
Chardonnay

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:11 pm
You'll be getting a reputation as a lush Chardonnay![:D][:D]
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:51 pm
The one thing I don't miss in IVA is wine or alcohol as I've never touched a drop in my life! Takeaways I do miss, love a nice chinese, fish/chips, KFC anything really that I don't have to cook x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Rockin Diner

Post by Rockin Diner » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:48 pm
Glad to hear there is a fellow lush on this forum!! We're still in the process of getting our IVA together and waiting for a date. I'm hoping that we can still afford the odd bottle of wine! But it won't kill me to cut down in fact it will probably do me alot of good! This month we are uncannily flush, because we've been told not to make any payments now to CCs etc ... it does seem weird to have some spare money for a change.
Take-aways I won't miss ... I prefer to cook my own. In fact I can't think of anything else I will miss. I have even been enjoying having a poke around the charity shops - got a brand new pair of Dotty P jeans for a fiver last week. I just hope our IVA will get approved OK. Dread to think what will happen if we get refused.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:00 pm
Takeaways is the one thing I do miss. I have cut down on the booze, but we do still have the odd bottle of (very) cheap wine.

Don't forget to keep some of the money as a contingency fund.
Bob Marley.

Rockin Diner

Post by Rockin Diner » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:31 pm
Hi
Yes will do. We have put some away this month. Another thing that feels odd - never managed to save anything in my life!! But that's why we've all ended up on this forum isn't it?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:41 pm
It certainly is! I can't remember the last time (pre IVA) that I actually had money left at the end of the month - ok not a great deal, but it's better than it being the other way round.[:)]
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:19 pm
We're going to an all you can eat buffet at the local chinese on october 9th as it's daughters birthday. Can't wait, I need to save £27 for food and a little bit for a couple of soft drinks. I should be able to do that hopefully. MOT this week so fingers crossed for that.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:20 pm
My mouth is watering!

Good luck with the MOT.
Bob Marley.

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:24 pm
I LOVE all you can eat chinese buffets. Can you get me a doggy bag please.[:p] X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

nomoredosh

Post by nomoredosh » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:06 pm
Try Somerfields this week they have 3 bottle of wine (rose, red, white) 3 bottles for £9 and it is very drinkable!!![:D]
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Cost of living in an IVA”