TV Nostalgia

69 posts Page 4 of 5

ray_a

Post by ray_a » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:10 pm
Hmmm

That will be a good game!

I can see a potential cup shock there as Stockport are one of those sides who don't like to travel!

Wycombe lost to them in a cup a few seasons back!

We have got Swindon at home and I am going so if I am depressed over the week end you know why!!!!

Do you managed to get to any matches still skippy as I have to select the games I go to?

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:20 pm
We don't go very often as it's a tenner each and gone are the days when I could spare a tenner! I used to go a lot when I was younger and I could get in for £3!

I will make a conscious effort to go occasionally after we've moved as I'll have no excuse when I can walk to the ground. Hopefully they'll beat Stockport on Saturday (or at least get a draw and have a replay at Staines!) as I think it will be good for the team and the local area.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

ray_a

Post by ray_a » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Interesting point about the cost as to go and watch Wycombe is about £16 and it does reflect good value!

As you say there is not stupid antics that you get in the Premiership and the support is more vocal!

We have caused a few upsets against the Premieship sides in the past especially Fulham and Charlton last season in the Carling Cup!

The best chant was "Premiership you are having a laugh!"

Good Luck for Saturday!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:39 pm
I thought you played well against Chelski as well and you really didn't deserve to lose - Dave was worried at first!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

thebear29uk

Post by thebear29uk » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:54 pm
I have to say Skippy, for someone who wasn't going to be around much this week you seem to be on here all hours. Lol. Any distraction from the packing I'll bet. Don't worry I'm only teasing as I know you said you'd be on at work during the day.

Here's hoping we are the 1st team to qualify for the quarters tonight.

So u r now one of the Staines massiv init.

Respec

Dave
Regards

Dave

View my blog at www.thebear29uk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:14 pm
I know, I know, I just can't stay away! Dave has been working half days this week so has done a lot of the packing during the day and I've been doing some when I come in so I've got the rest of the evening to myself. It's nearly done now so I'm sitting looking at a pile of boxes wondering how many times I'm going to be going up and down the stairs on Friday! Work has been pretty rubbish this week so I've been logging on to keep myself sane! The broadband is cut off on Friday, so I don't know when we'll get that sorted out so I definitely won't be on in the evenings - I refuse to use dial up!

So far so good for Utd - it would be nice to qualify early and not have the nail biters of previous years!

I've been one of the Staines Massive for years - born just up the road in Ashford and lived in Staines for the first 31 years of my life and moving back there on Friday!

ray_a

Post by ray_a » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:10 am
please don't reminde me of the Chelsea game!

Thought we would get a result in our home game but knew we would be taken apart in the away leg which was what happened!

Good luck with the move and see you on the other side!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:17 am
It was nice to meet you last night Ray.

Dave and I are off to watch Staines Town tonight and hopefully get our tickets for next Monday's replay. I couldn't believe it when I went on the website and saw the replay is live on Sky! I'm going to record it as well as (hopefully!) going to watch it live!

ray_a

Post by ray_a » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:02 pm
Hi Skippy

Yes enjoyed meeting you and Dave last night!

Hope you get your tickets for Monday night!
Don't have SKY but have Freeview and they show the goals so I watch them for there!

Hope your manager has a better idea of tatics than Wycombe's! Last saturday it was a real shame only playing one forward against Swindon. He must have thought he was playing Barcelona!!!

Keep my fingers crossed I am not a fan of Stockport!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:25 pm
We've got the tickets! We went down last night and I'm glad we did as there are now only 150 tickets left - it should be a 3000 sell out. The local paper said that Staines should make about £150k, even if they lose on Monday which will be great for them - they are planning on bringing the ground up to Conference (or whatever it's called these days!) standard in the hope they can get promotion. If they win on Monday it's Peterborough United at home in the next round - fingers crossed!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:56 am
Can you believe it?!?! The match was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch! We'd walked down to the ground only to find everyone else walking away from it! Oh well, the Swans live to fight another day and the tickets will be valid for the new date but I just hope it's going to be on Sky otherwise both teams lose the TV money. Aaah, the joys of non league football!

ray_a

Post by ray_a » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:33 pm
It's tonight isn't it Skippy!

Hope you have a better match than last night's performance!

Hope you have a great evening!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:46 pm
Yes, it's tonight, and luckily Sky will be there again. Sad as I am I've got the Skyplus box set to record the match to keep for posterity!

The way I'm looking at it is that it can't be a lot worse than last night's performance! Staines' pitch was actually in better condition on Monday than Wembley was last night!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:58 am
Oh what a night! Bring on Peterborough United!

ray_a

Post by ray_a » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:30 am
Sorry Skippy

Not to congratulate you earlier!

Great result and you will always remember it!

Is Peterborough at home or are you going away?
69 posts Page 4 of 5
Return to “hot hot hot topics in 2007 ! more than 60 replies”