Tyres

79 posts Page 3 of 6

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue May 10, 2011 8:54 pm
I remember teaching myself to drive down the motorway once I'd passed my test and they were quiet all those years ago!

I dread to think how I'd get on with passing my test now!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue May 10, 2011 8:54 pm
I have driven to Manchester before but only because I had to and shhhhh don't tell too many but I even got a speeding fine! grrrr
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue May 10, 2011 8:54 pm
Sounds good to me Jan!

I can remember getting lost in Cornwall a few years ago (I misread the map!) and Dave was driving down a really narrow (1 car width) road and I was sitting in the passenger seat clutching the cross on my necklace, muttering a prayer and announcing regularly that we were going to die!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:03 pm
I actually love the narrow roads down there - as long as I'm not driving!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Judo

Post by Judo » Tue May 10, 2011 9:04 pm
lesley_ wrote:

I have driven to Manchester before but only because I had to and shhhhh don't tell too many but I even got a speeding fine! grrrr
Don't worry lesley. My OH got done for speeding TWICE by the SAME camera!!![:I]

Judo

Post by Judo » Tue May 10, 2011 9:06 pm
Can I just add that my partner is not a speed freak but just very unfortunate to be caught by a camera that just so happens to be sat ath the bottom of a hill!! Hmmm.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue May 10, 2011 9:09 pm
Oh Judo not good, I'm not a speed freak anything but, I can remember my son saying 'mum you've just got done for speeding', my reply 'no love it's lightening' knowing full well I had! Lit the street up that flash!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:09 pm
We have a Road Angel in the car - had it for years but it's worth it's weight in gold so that I get warned about the cameras!
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue May 10, 2011 9:25 pm
Yes Jan I have a Tom Tom and have safety camera alert on that but it doesn't work when I turn it off as I know where I'm going! my own fault I make that x

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue May 10, 2011 9:25 pm
My sat nav beeps to warn about cameras - I really must update it at some point!

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue May 10, 2011 9:27 pm
I had used it to get to Manchester but when there in my Mum's area I know my way around so foolishly turned it off!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:33 pm
Ours isn't a sat nav, it is purely speed cameras and it's always on - even when I go to work in case I'm not paying attention. It gives me a wake up call.
Bob Marley.

andrea1968

Post by andrea1968 » Wed May 11, 2011 9:28 am
Give me winding,narrow country lanes any day-love em.

I used to regularly use the motorway until I had my son(8 years ago)
but since then have a pathological fear of them!!!strange but true.

My baby-love of my life-1985 campervan-passed away disgracefully two months ago(on a roundabout)-so have now got a frontera 4x4.
I know its juicy and should have gotten something more economical but -what the hell-we all need something to make us smile in the iva and costs havent gone up so no worries!!!-bigger engine but uses less juice.

Mummy bought it for me-only 800 quid but in lovely condition with new mot and tax.

She thinks we are skint cos I cant work so we leave it at that-the truth would kill her.

Had totally forgot what power steering feels like and it glides round the country lanes-will certainly be taking it off-road up the Lakes at some point-the kids will love it(my son and the tribe that follow him around)
Only problem is will be camping under the stars from now on instead of sleeping in my lovely,snug old van.
Well the kids will be - can fit a double airbed in the back of my car!!!
full and final accepted January 2015

iva agreed; August 2010
iva would have completed; August 2017
extra year thank's to NRAM

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed May 11, 2011 2:11 pm
It's all single track here not even a dual carriageway for at least 25 miles. x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed May 11, 2011 2:50 pm
Mixture of everything here - country roads, motorways, toll road, dual carriageways and normal roads!
Bob Marley.
79 posts Page 3 of 6
Return to “money saving tips”