Umm!! first review done

3 posts Page 1 of 1

downandout

Post by downandout » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:26 pm
First review over (well last month) went very well complimenting our efforts quite chuffed was a difficult year. I do however have a little niggle i could do with clarifying. Our iva startd in jan 2013 and we had to provide info in Oct for the review, our direct debits stopped coming out for 2 months NOV-DEC which we have kept hold off, we had paid an extra £1000 in but when the review came back dated 29 jan it stated we have overpaid by £600 this worked out at the £1000 less 2 months payment, basically it appears the 2 months dired debit have been taken out of the overpayments,sooo will our next review run from jan or from october and does this mean i can keep the money i had put to one side from the direct debits for emergencies.
The first step to getting back on track

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:41 pm
Well done on getting to year one end, it really is testament to how we re-teach ourselves how to budget correctly. I can't say it gets easier as it probs doesn't, it just gets easier to budget and save a few quid here and there by the change in our spending habits. Again well done.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:06 am
Not sure why your direct debit payments stopped but contact your iva provider and ask them to check why they didn't take the payments and to confirm the outcome in writing to keep you safe further down the line.

paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “annual review”