Unexpected extra payment

6 posts Page 1 of 1

PhilnS

Post by PhilnS » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:50 pm
I have been with payplan for nearly 18 months. I completed my salary review in February and have submitted my payslips as required.

I recently sent in the latest set, which did not contain any overtime / bonus etc. It did however contain a mistake in my tax code because of my employer completing paperwork incorrectly. I did explain this in writing with the payslips.

I then receive a letter asking for an additional payment which caught me off guard. The amount appears to be 50% of the tax error.

I asked for clarification as it was unexpected and receive a reply saying the calculations were double checked and correct but no explanation why.

Any ideas and should I expect this in the future?

Thanks

Phil
Last edited by PhilnS on Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:08 pm
Hi Phil - welcome to the forum. Was the extra payment a rebate due to a tax error or an error that has resulted in an extra payment that will be recovered?

If the former then 50% would be due to the IVA but if it's the latter I think you need to stress this to your IP.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

PhilnS

Post by PhilnS » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:29 pm
It was a rebate as they stopped taking tax for my company car, the rebated the previous 5 months worth of tax which they are now reclaiming.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:40 am
Hi and welcome to the forum. Have you received the extra monies and they are now reclaiming this?

You need to talk direct to your IP rather than a member of staff, do you have his/her email details to explain this in full.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

PhilnS

Post by PhilnS » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:53 am
My case officer seams to change each time, I've had at least 5 so far I think.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:02 am
http://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/fip1/

This link should help find an email address for your IP direct.

If you look at your paperwork for your IP name rather than a case worker and try and email him/her direct. Or ring and ask for a telephone meeting to talk this through with the IP. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “bonus, overtime, pay rises and windfalls”