Unknown company

12 posts Page 1 of 1

thegripper

Post by thegripper » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:10 pm
Has anyone heard of DebtUKOnline as I contacted them earlier on today and they got straight back to me and asked for my outstanding debt and even gave me a repayment plan...personally I thought it was all done to easy. Is this possible?

Thanks again

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:46 pm
I have not heard of them - but if you have actually not spoken to an IP or an experienced insolvency professional it is unlikely that your situation could have been evaluated correctly. What sort of repayment plan were they suggesting you would be eligible for?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:49 pm
I've not heard of them before. I've just looked at the website, but I'm not impressed with it.

Did they go through all of the options avaiable to you? Did you tell them all of your outgoings?

It may well be that they are a company who pass you on to an IP.

I would give one of the companies a ring who post on here. They are reliable. Or visit www.iva.com.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

thegripper

Post by thegripper » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:56 pm
I spoke to somebody over the phone and he asked me what my debts were then within minutes he came back with a figure of how much I would have to pay.

He said there would be 1 payment at one sum, then all other payments at a different sum for the remaining 5 years.

He also said that they would send somebody out to see me.

They didnt go through any options with me either by the way.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:02 pm
I personally would avoid them like the plague. Your initial payments should be set, and it may be that they don't change over the five years. Some don't. They cannot say how much you will be paying in subsequent years. Who knows what might happen.

I would tell them not to send anyone out.

They should have told you about bankruptcy and a dmp as well.

If they have no IP's, they will probably charge you for passing the details on to one.

Give someone like Melanie a ring. You will get a much better service from her and her team, and they are not pushy.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

thegripper

Post by thegripper » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:09 pm
I will avoid them dont worry.

They never said anything about bankruptcy or a dmp (whats that?)

I have filled out the online form for Melanie and her team as well, hope to hear from them soon.

Thanks

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:17 pm
thegripper wrote:

I will avoid them dont worry.

They never said anything about bankruptcy or a dmp (whats that?)

I have filled out the online form for Melanie and her team as well, hope to hear from them soon.

Thanks
YOu will be well looked after by Mel lot. Better to go on word of mouth of others than risk some cowboys making your debts worse by misinforming you.

Well done for starting to get yourself out the mire!!

Paul.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

thegripper

Post by thegripper » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:21 pm
Thanks for that,

Hope to be free soon and learn from my mistakes in the process.[;)]

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:27 am
A DMP is a Debt Management Plan which may be appropriate depending on your circumstances and Melanie's team will advise you whether that or an IVA is the appropriate solution - as indicated in your other post.

By the way if you get any paperwork from DebtUKOnline please forward it to me.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:31 am
David Mond wrote:

A DMP is a Debt Management Plan which may be appropriate depending on your circumstances and Melanie's team will advise you whether that or an IVA is the appropriate solution - as indicated in your other post.

By the way if you get any paperwork from DebtUKOnline please forward it to me.
Have you heard of them then David??

Paul.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:02 am
I think David likes to know about these sort of companies (I notice that they also do assisted bankruptcy - no mention of how much though!) as he sits on a lot of committees and can sometimes do something about them.
Bob Marley.

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:14 am
Not heard of them until this thread came up.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “who would you recommend?”