Unsure what to do?

4 posts Page 1 of 1

mark2

Post by mark2 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:18 pm
Hi everyone

After 28 months of anger and despair with a 'popular' company I finally got my C of C through the door today. As I am well past the six year point with regards to the IVA being on my credit file do I need to do anything now? Do I still need to send a copy to the credit agencies and my previous creditors? What is the quickest way to rebuild a credit rating as I would like to/need to buy a house in the near future.

Any information would be greatly welcomed.

mazbrown

Post by mazbrown » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:46 pm
Hi mark and congrats on getting your cc , I would sent a letter to the three credit agency's ( think there's a template on here )
You could try and get your £2 credit report from the agency's to give you an overview of your reports .
You could also apply for your free monthly credit report with noodle . I use this all the time .
To build your credit , you could get a mobile phone contract or apply for a credit card ?

Hope you enjoy you debt freedom

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:33 am
http://www.beatmydebt.com/iva/improving ... er-iva.htm

A website that can be helpful. Fab news about receiving your completion certificate, final piece of paper always good to receive especially after waiting so long.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

ginger323232

Post by ginger323232 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:51 am
As you have only just got your certificate through (congrats) i would at least give them a few weeks to update their record before going to the expense of sending of letters etc. There is NO quick way of rebuilding your credit record - this will take time - even with a few well managed products. As far as your mortgage is concerned - it is worth trying a whole market broker - there are two experts on here (Ryan & Shaun) who will give advice and point you to lenders who are more relaxed about ex IVAs
Last edited by ginger323232 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “template letter suggested by inaiva”