Update

3 posts Page 1 of 1

Dave.12

Post by Dave.12 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:34 am
Hi All
Just an update on how things have gone.
After making my final payment back in November & receiving my completion certificate from Freeman Jones pretty sharpish. I let things drift along, enjoying being debt free, managing to save what I was paying to my IVA too. The next milestone was the IVA showing as completed on the Inslolvency register, this was about January. Around about April I started contemplating a credit card, start repairing my credit file(scary). So I applied, that 60 seconds waiting for the outcome felt like 60 months, more nerve wracking than waiting for the birth of my kids. Well I was accepted, took me me nearly 2 weeks to pluck up the courage to use it though, I must've looked proper shifty, I was sweating, fidgeting even entered the wrong pin, was expecting the Credit Police to arrest me. Then today after reading several posts on the forum mainly regarding the Insolvency Register, I thought I'd have a look just to make sure it still said completed, well it's gone, I was so shocked I had to search again & again even putting in forenames, & it was still gone.
I'd really like to thank all the people that take the time & make the effort to post, reply & offer advice on this site. It's helped me immensely.
Thank you

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:30 am
Well done on reaching the finish line Dave.

Try not to overdo it with the credit card ;-)
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:41 am
Well done Dave. I can fully empathise with the credit card lark ! I now have three, pay them off in full, and cannot bring myself to use them for more than fuel for the car !!

Why three, you might ask ...... well: I applied for the Vanquis early after completing to do the usual credit repair bit. Once my credit files had repaired I applied to the Post Office for a card to replace the Vanquis .. and was accepted! Must ..MUST .. cancel the Vanquis now. Anyway, because I needed a cheque book for school, I upgraded my cashminder account to an everyday "grown up" account. The girl at the bank asked if I would like their credit card and I, rather flippantly, said, "If you want to give me one!" ....and they did !!

They do stay nice and shiney if not used :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “a success story”