Utility Bills

31 posts Page 2 of 3

johnh

Post by johnh » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:13 pm
We have recently switched to Utility Warehouse and get a single monthy bill for gas, electricity, telephone and broadband. It makes budgetting much easier and, although early days, seems to offer good overall savings. Check it out at uwclub.net

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:24 pm
Its quite amazing how everyone is happier that petrol has dropped a few p recently, but overall it is still well up.

Will it ever drop below the £1 mark again, probably not anytime soon.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

animaleyes76

Post by animaleyes76 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:10 pm
Gas and electric for a combined £42.

Woo hoo, feel better after seeing some of the other figures mentioned...

CoverItAll

Post by CoverItAll » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:27 pm
We've found tremendous savings at Utility Warehouse too:

http://www.storeplus.co.uk/?exref=B84600
John Tegg
john.tegg@dms4asu.co.uk
http://www.paymentcover.co.uk
STANDARD TERMS for Forum Members for Home Insurance, Self Employed Tradesman's Public Liability, and Short Term Income Protection.

Lola

Post by Lola » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:06 pm
We have £65 each for gas and electric with British Gas and the month after our IVA was approved, they put the gas up to £85 to make sure we didn't have huge bills arriving - typical!

Hopefully when we hit our year review in April next year, this will be taken into account and we'll be allowed to have the extra I&E.

On top of that, had the car broken into and the b*****s stole my ipod, sat nav, mobile, car stereo and my wallet.

No point in claiming off the house insurance as excess is £200 anyway, so we'll just have to do without.

On the plus side though, I feel so good knowing that I am not turning to credit to solve all these problems, as that is what we would have done before. Instead, we'll have to save bits here and there and hopefully get a stereo before Xmas this year!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:13 pm
Lola, sorry to hear about your bad luck with your car. I take it you can't claim on the car insurance either?

And course British Gas have just announced an enormous hike in their gas prices as well as a hefty profit. I think a lot of us are going to be having our utility bills going up!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Lola

Post by Lola » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:20 pm
Thanks Jan. I have to laugh about it or I'll cry!

Not sure if claiming off the car insurance would actually make us worse off in the long run with the payments increase when it comes to renewal. Plus have not protected the no claims bonus to keep things as cheap as poss!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:31 pm
Not good Lola. Hope things start to look up for you soon.[:)]
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

aguise

Post by aguise » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:59 pm
I have just capped the price on my duel fuel it has cost another £17 a month but luckily I managed to keep it a the same payment level as she felt we were overpaying. I think they are all going to follow suit with british gas . i got rather nervous as our fuel costs are about £1200 a year so 35% on that would be a huge rise. I can get out of it if I want so not so bad if things go back down.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

jojo

Post by jojo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:16 pm
Are N Power really as bad as everyone says? I've just moved and I have to keep them as our gas supplier as I rent and I'm not allowed to change any of the utility suppliers. I'm getting a little worried about the amount they've said we have to pay now!

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:10 pm
I got an email from british gas saying that because I was on their cheapest rate(click energy 5,online,no paper bills etc),my prices wouldnt be affected by the announced rises!!!

N power are a shower of sh1ts,they conned my wife into changing to them when they were more expensive(caught her when our son was screaming and the dogs were barking and said oh any chance you could just sign this so my boss knows I was here!!!) Took months to sort out.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Sparky

Post by Sparky » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:02 pm
i was with british gas until recently. the last few months my bill has reached heights i have never dreamt possible.
i came across a flyer in town and got in touch with this guy who said he could save me money.
i am now changing from BG to utility warehouse as they also give me everything on one bill which makes my life alot easier to handle at the moment.

*I've removed the link from here as advertising links are not allowed.
Last edited by Sparky on Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnh

Post by johnh » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:03 pm
Why is it that petrol pump prices have fallen substantially since oil prices halved but I'm not aware of any of the energy companies announcing price reductions? The answer is that petrol retailing is a functioning competitive market whereas the big energy companies are a price-fixing cartel. I believe a major report is due soon on the energy companies. Meantime it's about time Gordon Brown gave the same hair-dryer treatment to the energy companies that was given to the banks. It shouldn't be necessary for the government to subsidise energy bills for the poor. With oil below 60 dollars a barrel energy prices should be tumbling.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:19 pm
Don't worry, they probably will - we've fixed our priced until 2011 so the price is bound to drop!

johnh

Post by johnh » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:30 pm
That sounds a lousy deal, Skippy. They have tied you in to fixed prices with prices at a maximum!! Hang around and see if the prices fall over the next couple of months and then SWITCH!!!(the energy companies are using the excuse that they bought oil forward at a time when the priced were sky high - a pretty unconvincing excuse as that means they must also have bought forward when the priced were low so didn't need to put their prices up so much in the first place!!).
31 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “postings for july”