Vanguard / Ebenegate (again) ....

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:45 am
As you know Vanguard IVA's were handed over to EbeneGate Mauritius (which is affiliated to CreditFix) for them to administer, at the end of last year. The IP for these cases remains as Peter Jackson. However, he is now part of Oakfield Financial Limited.

EbeneGate's UK postal address is Ebenegate UK, PO Box 27160, Glasgow, G2 9LZ and Mr Jackson's email address is now peter.jackson@oakfieldfinancial.com
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:13 pm
Thanks Foggy - it gets more complicated every day with them.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Clairegreen166

Post by Clairegreen166 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:29 pm
I’m having trouble with EbeneGate. I calculate my additional income on a monthly basis and worked out over the last 4 months I owe them £168 now they have had the wage slips and say it’s £196 as they use my tax code and pension contributions to work it out. Now I am due to finish in March and this is really stressful
So is work it out as £813.44 is income add 10% to that and anything above £894.78 I pay them 50% of. So the month of Nov I earned £975.46 and worked out I had to pay £40.34. EbeneGate are saying my threshold for Nov was £875 but can’t tell me how they have worked this out. It seems they work it out different to how I have worked it out throughout my IVA and how I was told to.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:12 pm
Ebenegate routinely pluck figures from the air with no relationship to reality. I would email your IP directly and complain, presenting what you calculate as the correct figures and asking HIM or HER to explain their calculations. If this gets you nowhere, complain to the IPs regulatory body, via the Government Gateway here: https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner

At the end of the day your IP is responsible, not Ebenegate, who are merely an offshore call centre on steroids, and the prospect of yet another complaint to the regulators might focus their attention.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Clairegreen166

Post by Clairegreen166 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:06 pm
Thank you I have emailed my IP and received a response today to say he was referring it to a senior member of staff and I should get a phone call soon. I asked for an email with the wage slips and calculations to show me how they got to that figure and they said they would send it within 1/2 hour and still not received anything. I am making my last payment 9th of March and will be glad to see the back of EbeneGate.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”