VARIATIONS AND COST OF LIVING INCREASES

29 posts Page 1 of 2

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:55 am
How many posters received any letter from their Supervisors following the hike in Council Tax, Food bills, fuel and gas and electricity?

We circularised every client in an IVA asking them are they managing and if necessary we would propose a variation. All those that responded have had variations all agreed.

Would be interested to hear from any of you on this.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

greedfighter

Post by greedfighter » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:01 am
Hi David,

Ive had 2 calls from my IP since May to see if I am managing ok with the recent rises. I was due to increase my payment during that period by £300 (extra £300 became available following clearance of my mortgage arrears in August). Have only had to actually increase IVA payment by £120. No variation was required.

I'm not in reality any better off since it does reflect my actual increases which are measurable (bus fares, electric, gas, council tax etc). It also doesnt take account of the fact that until August I have had to find this money out of my other allowances (usually the food and clothing). So Ive had to really scrimp it up till now.

Incidentally I have not benefited from any interest rate cuts either.

caraf

Post by caraf » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:08 am
Hi
I have not heard from my IP since my IVA begun 11 months ago.
I have rung them a couple of times with questions but that is all.
Regards
carol
x
53 down 7 to go !!
Cant wait till December 2012

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:10 am
David,

You'll probably guess my answer from my other posts.....No.

In fact when we advised our IP of mortgage hike they turned a blind eye.Certainly never hear from them unless we make first contact.

Julie

elldina

Post by elldina » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:25 am
i have recieved nothing from mine only letters asking to inform them if i am employed yet
but on my i and e have done recently i am down £83 through utilities etc have not heard back as sent it last week so will wait and see have a job interview tomorrow so if fingers crossed i get the job i'll have to do a new i and e anyway elldina

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:12 am
Hi

I never hear anytjong from mine unless they are asking for my payslips... in fact i have never spoken to my IP since it started and i am half way through my 3rd year

xx

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:14 am
how lovely to have an IP like you david.....

we have very little contact with our IP...had 2 in 2 years anyway...and certainly no courtesy letter or call asking how we were doing....

BUT..having said that...we sent off a whole set of documents in recent review showing where all the increases were etc and it was all agreed with no hassle...

it would be nice to think tho that our IP actually "cared".....
sigh....wish we had you or andy or melanie or one of the lovely ones on this forum.!! sigh sigh
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:16 am
I only heard from mine when I told the company I was going BR!

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:52 am
Interesting comments - keep them comming.

My advice is to write to your Supervisor and say that you require a reduction because..... then list everything.

Creditors are receptive and IP's should help you - if they don't let me know.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

pixie

Post by pixie » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:27 pm
Funnily enough I've never spoken to my ip either! I did get an email response back in August but all other emails have so far been ignored.
At the annual review all increases were ignored. They were very quick to increase payments when I had a payrise and it took quite a bit of negociating to keep any of it. Therefore when it came round to the review there wasn't anywhere for the extra expenses to come from apart from a reduction. I would still have been paying more than the original proposal though.
Pixie
'Welcome to where ever you are, this is your life you've made it this far, welcome, you've got to believe right here right now is exactly where you're meant to be'
IVA started may 07 ended dec 08

larainep

Post by larainep » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:54 am
Following my latest annual review in June, my Relationship Manager has actually decreased my monthly payment from £510 to £475. I live at home with parents, so it cant be because of interest rates, cost of living etc. The last salary increase I received, 70% of it went into the housekeeping kitty for bills, food etc. Not sure why my payments were reduced, but I'm certainly not complaining..
59 months down, 1 to go... whoop whoop!

stonecoldbroke

Post by stonecoldbroke » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:27 pm
Im with clearbebt and havnt heard a word from them since I started my IVA 6 months ago. Certainly havnt been asked about bill increases or how or if im managing!!!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:09 pm
Perhaps they only check up on this when they do the annual review?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

blair78

Post by blair78 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:00 pm
My living expenses increased massively a year ago. I contacted my IP but the ignored my request.

I received a letter in the post a couple of weeks ago about my IVA been changed to a different IP. I contacted them regarding the same matter although i got an initial response it appears they are ignoring my request also.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:03 pm
Who was the first firm and who are you with now?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
29 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “IVA expenditure allowances”