VERY URGENT. ATTENTION DFD

188 posts Page 1 of 13

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:55 am
Hi everyone, can anyone tell me the complaintsprocedure for complaining about the way your iva has been dealt with. Had a lot of carry on behind the scenes with dfd. Declan has helped as much as he can. Got to the point where I have to complain and risk losig my husbands work post. Too many broken promises. Do I complain to dfd solicitors first? Any help greatly appreciated.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:19 am
I think that you should use their internal complaints policy first, and then if this is not satisfactory you can then refer the matter to the IPs own regulatory body if necessary. You should have been provided with a copy of the complaints policy when your IVA was first agreed - if you do not have this to hand then DFD should be able to send you a copy.

A shame it has come to this - are you sure that Declan has exhausted all options for you?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:37 am
Hi mel, thanks, I asked declan for the complaints policy and address and he has so far not got backto me.I have also stated my reasons for the complaint online at dfd and to declan to no avail. Basically we were promised our completion cert by may then it was within a few weeks, then

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:42 am
Someone was getting back to us again and again. Declan has tried to help I got an email copy of the front sheet of our completion cert. We have have another copy through the door of the front sheet. No paperwork and no notification of completion sent to the insolvency dept. My husband only took this job as we were promised the completion in may. He had to tell his boss he had an iva. The job does not allow one to be on the insolvency register. So far the managemet team have let my husband do part of the job not involving finance, but cannot hold on much longer. Really worried now so trying to sort it out but no one is answering :/

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:45 am
You appear to be 99.9% of the way there - and it seems a real shame that something that has been promised to you a number of times still has not been delivered. I do hope that Declan picks up this post and sees how worried and disappointed you are - perhaps Admin can alert him to this to avoid a complaint ultimately being made.

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:58 am
I hope so too. Declan has been a star and I am hoping he is away hence the no reply. I have not had an out office response though. Declan has apologised for his part in all the madness but it still leaves us with no idea if my husband will have a job soon. He's been asked time and time again about the original certificate and the removal of the name on the insolvency register. It really is making him un well. Hope declan or dfd admin pick up on my emails to them or declan replies on here. Have kept it all off forum for months but need some support now. Thanks melanie

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:03 am
Also I can't understand why we have been given a copy of the front of the certificate dated 28th june and no original or attatched paperwork? Any ideas anyone? Seems strange

artemischild

Post by artemischild » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:42 am
Hi Gina

i complained to my IP via email who then passed it on to the complaints team, got to admit they have been great sorting out my problems

hope this helps
arty
IVA completion and certificate received 08/10/2012!!!

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:27 pm
Thanks arty. So far nothing from declan or dfd. Really bad service at the moment. Thanks for the info :)

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:24 pm
Can someone from Admin specifically draw this to Declan's attention please, given the stress this couple appear to be under. Thanks

admin

Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:49 pm
Thank you Melanie. Declan has been emailed directly
Apologies for not picking this up this morning
Admin

Posting Guidelines:
Industry Experts
-Must have appropriate licenses
-Advice is transparent and clear
-No solicitation (web link in signature is ok)

Forum Experts
-Give advice based on personal experience
-Are impartial and transparent

Declan at DebtFreeDirect

Post by Declan at DebtFreeDirect » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:18 pm
Hi
Thank you admin for alerting me to this.

Gina - apologies, I thought I had sent you the details for the complaints officer including address on Thursday of last week - however I will send it over again. As I mentioned on my email this morning, I’m going to continue doing what I can to help get this resolved asap.

Thanks
Declan Murray
Debt Advisor
Debt Free Direct - the UK's largest IVA provider.
http://www.debtfreedirect.co.uk/iva/

GilliB

Post by GilliB » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:50 pm
Sorry to read you are no further forward with this Gina.gu. I can only imagine what stress you and hubby are enduring. I'm sure Declan will do his utmost to assist, and then hubby can settle in his new job. Please keep us posted as I'm sure you have everyone on here routing for you. x
IVA journey started: 30th March 2009. Settled: 17th July 2012. Completion Certificate received: 13th March 2013. Breathe. x

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:12 pm
Thank you ewveryone. Sorry, just woken up as I am having to work extra shifts in case we end up with one of us unemployed. The main thing besides losing his job for my hubby is he has had to tell his boses he has been in an iva and the resulting stares etc in the workplace and 1000 questions are embarassng for hhim. Should have been kept private. Just opened two emails from declan. The issue is now being dealt with by the complaints team and the certificate should be with us by the end of the week and the insolvency register . Fingers crossed. Declan also sent the complaints address I requested on thursday this afternoon. Thanks everyone and thanks melanie. Let's hope it turns up as until that I am working a 70 hour week more or less. Really sorry I had to put all this on forum, but I needed the support you all gave once again. Gave me strength x

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:13 pm
Good luck and best wishes Gina.gu, let's hope that Declan can sort something out for you and you can get on with your lives. x
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.
188 posts Page 1 of 13
Return to “a success story”