Savings and bankruptcy

18 posts Page 2 of 2

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:50 pm
Good idea Skippy! It keeps the fivers smelling of lavender!

Debbie
Debbie

veekay

Post by veekay » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:34 am
Thanks you guys, you've been very helpful. On my next day off I'll go down to Nationwide and see what they say. I've tried saving in a little piggy bank I have at home but that soon gets raided when I haven't got time to go to cash machine, not good [:)] I will let you know how I get on.

Never knew about this website until a few days ago, if only I found it couple years ago!! You guys are great [:)]

katy

Post by katy » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:02 am
I have to agree with a few of you squirrelling money away at home. When saving for BR I was hording money in a lovely lilac cash tin and I have to admit I've got the taste for saving now (only wish i'd discovered this before getting over 50 grand in debt, but we are here to learn) I picked up a leaflet for the Scarborough Building society who do a savings account so I may try them (think they only have branches up the east of the country.
I think it's ridiculous that you have to be credit checked to open a savings account, is it just to check that you aren't going to launder money? Anyone could do that if they so wished! People are just trying to change their ways and are being prevented from doing so.
18 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “postbag for september”