WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I WORK

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

m15

Post by m15 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:43 am
HELLO EVERYONE

WE WENT BANKRUPT ON 4TH JULY 2007 And i wasn;t working but we are struggling at the moment there doesn't seem to be anymoney for taking the kids out and we are always left short. I WAS TOLD BY THE o/r THAT I DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING. IF I GET A PART TIME JOB NOW WILL I HVE TO PAY BACK SOMETHING NOW.
THANKS

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:48 am
Hi,

Not too sure, but I imagine you would have to let the OR know. It would depend on how much money you were bringing in I suppose.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:50 am
Sorry to hear that you are struggling. The OR could request you make a contribution via an Income Payments Order (IPO) but from what you say I doubt it - An IPO can only be made if you have a surplus of disposeable income - I don't think you have. But you should inform him/her that you are taking on a part time job. Good luck
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

Fox84

Post by Fox84 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:53 am
Hi m15,

Have you been discharged? having spent countless hours boning up on such matters I would think you have no debts to repay once discharged, hopefully an expert can confirm this? it might be worth contacting the OR who dealt with your BR

m15

Post by m15 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:59 am
NO HAVEN'T BEEN DISCHARGED YET WON'T BE TILL JULY 2009.
WELL FROM MY HUSBAND THEY TAKE £74 A MONTH. BUT THEY DON'T TAKE BIRTHDAYS AND CHRISTMAS IN TO ACCOUNT.
THANK YOU ALL

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:06 pm
Unfortunately they don't take these things into account. It's the same with an IVA. You are supposed to put some aside for this. Not easy when you have no money left.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:15 pm
If you have more than £100 surplus income then you will most likely have to pay 50%-70% (depending on amount left over) into an IPA. Whatever's left is yours to do as you want with.

liberta

Post by liberta » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:31 pm
Skippy is right. Normally the OR will want 50%-70% of your surplus income. As David says you will need to contact the OR to notify him of your change in circumstances and he will probably want to do an income and expenditure review with you.

If your husband is having difficulty paying his Income Payment, then he should contact the OR and ask him or her to review the agreement.
Kind regards, Elizabeth Pywowarczuk, Insolvency Practitioner.

If you would like me to advise you about an IVA and if appropriate propose one for you, please visit my website at www.liberta.uk.com
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”