Is it possible to transfer your IVA programme

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
26 posts Page 1 of 2

black mad woman

Post by black mad woman » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:27 pm
Is it possible to transfer your IVA programme to another company even if you have 2 years to complete it

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:37 pm
hi and welcome-
once you enter into an iva you are bound to the same company for the 5 years. an expert will come along to clarify.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:40 pm
It is nigh impossible to do this without an expensive Court Order backed by very good reasons. Why would you want to do this - are you not having a very good time with your current IVA supervisor?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:00 am
If your reasons were upheld you might not have to pay the costs - but it is a very rare occurance for a Supervisor to change. Usually on his/her death or leaving the firm he/she is with or by resigning.

Why do you want a change in Supervisor?
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:54 am
Interesting topic.I would like to change my provider.I'm insecure and nervous again all the time.No coorespondance from the firm etc.I didn't origionally go with this firm.My IP has changed and I don't know thier name.Would I have case? Cat

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:03 am
I have never seen an individual go to Court to seek the appointment of a new Supervisor, and do not believe that this would be well received, and also opposed by the Supervisor. Nevertheless if someone wanted to take a gamble it could form a good test case.

I have experience of taking over a number of cases from different IPs in my career, and can also say that this can be very problematic from a professional point of view as well.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:13 am
Have you tried contacting the firm to ask who your IP is? Are you near to an annual review? If so, they should be contacting you about that.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:29 pm
Yes.Have contacted them lots! Today got a least a name of an IP.I've been asking for a review since August.It was due Nov.I had to complete a third income and expenditure form today.Still haven't got any further.Wish I had never heard of an IVA some days.This stress is nearly as bad as the original debt stress.Keep thinking I will fail IVA inadvertantly and have to go bankrupt.Cat

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:47 pm
As long as you keep up the payments on your IVA, then I wouldn't worry about it failing.

Hopefully, you can get things moving now that you have the name of an IP.

Email them and complain about the service you have had and see what they say.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:08 pm
Which firm are you with Cat? Strange that only now you are finding out the name of your IP!

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:58 pm
Don't get stressful and as long as you keep up your payments it won't fail. Even if you have changed circumstances in the future - these can be sorted. Would as Melanie asks like to know who your IP or IP firm is?
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:28 am
DFD .Used to be Clearstart.I've resend the informtion now.I have had pay increses.I have never defulted on the standing order but I was sending 50% over and bove untill bills increased.Cat[:(]

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:19 am
I will get a senior representative from DFD to look into this for you.

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:23 am
Morning.
Thank you David.
Will I be recognisable?
I spoke with the first point of contact but they never seem equiped to know the explicit details of IVA's -just the general rules.
She reasuured me she would attend to it personally, but I had to email over all previous coorespondance.I worried then that it's not in a file and what has happened to all wage slips I've been sending and indeed bank statements.
The modifications on our joint IVA are contradictory and confusing so we all need to be accurate in our interpretation.
The thing about debt is that it makes me feel like a second class person.Not deserving etc.I'm usually confident and assertive but not in this matter.Your support would be greatly recieved and extrem;ey kind of you.
Cat

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:00 am
Cat, please don't ever feel you are a second class citizen. You made the mistake, as most of us did on here, of taking the money that the banks threw at us. You are still the same person, and you are taking steps to pay the money back.

Hold your head high and don't let things get you down. Come on here and have a rant or moan anytime you like!
Bob Marley.
26 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”