Variation rejected

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
35 posts Page 1 of 3

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:10 pm
Hi all,

The variation proposed has been rejected.....I don't know the full reasons why and if all comapnies rejected yet. I have cut my meeting short today as my head was all over the place. I've emailed for a breakdown and left a message so hopefully will get the answers shortly.

Hubby has contacted the local court to see what paperwork we need to go BR and someone is calling him back tomorrow.

Does anyone know what happens to the money we've paid into the IVA so far?

Now I know the route we're taking I feel better, although I am annoyed and bewildered why creditors would not accept a reduced fee rather than making us go BR. I feel as the past 2 years or so have been a complete waste of time.

xx

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:21 pm
Hi Julie. Sorry to hear about the rejection. Has your IP explained why it was rejected and if there is any chance of creditors reconsidering? If there is not, find out if your IP has sufficient funds to bankrupt you rather than yourself and your husband forking out nearly £900.

It may be that bankruptcies will be a big weight off your shoulders and I will help any way I can.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:49 pm
Julie, I am so, so sorry to hear that you have been rejected. What a blow for you both.

I think it is dreadful that they are happier to accept next to nothing in BR rather than a lot more otherwise. Serves them right!

I imagine you and hubby are in a bit of a state now. I'm sending you both a big hug )))))HUG(((((.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:50 pm
Hi,

Just had the report through from Accuma....

Creditors voting for the proposed resolutions: 49.98%

Creditors voting against the proposed resolutions: 50.02%

The ones that voted against didn't accept the reduction due to us having to lease a car. The annoying thing is, Accuma were fully
aware of the situation with the car in September and without the car hubby wouldn't have been able to work, thus the IVA would have failed!

Michael the IVA is only in hubby's name, so it will be only him going BR, am I right in thinking the cost is £495?

I need to get the paperwork done ASAP, can anyone suggest somewhere online for me to complete them?

Thanks Jan - hug received and gratefully accepted [:)]
Last edited by Julie on Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:57 pm
Julie, I'm so sorry. what a rubbish decision. I'm glad you can now look forward and move on. Big hug from me too.

Go to www.insolvency.gov.uk and complete the forms online, find out your local court and make an appointment.

Thinking of you both. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:57 pm
You can find the forms here Julie.

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/

You can fill them out online. It is £495.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:11 pm
oh julie.....so sorry to hear what has happened...after waiting so long and fighting every inch of the way....what a shame....i will be thinking of you and hope that once you start moving along the BR road that you will quickly regain some semblance of peace...take care....
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:22 pm
Who actually rejected the variation and have Accuma any hope of turning it around? The creditor may reconsider if they are aware that everything was done with the permission of the supervisor so I would go back with more info.

Lucky you both do not have to go bankrupt as you are right it would be nearly a thousand pounds which seems crazy. If Accuma cannot reverse the rejection ask them to bankrupt your husband as it may be a condition of the IVA. Why should he pay for it himself when he has already paid in so much?
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

buttercup

Post by buttercup » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:25 pm
Julie

Very sorry to hear about your news. I too am sending a big hug as you deserve one.
xx

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:32 pm
Thanks all,

Michael, Co-op rejected, as did HBOS.....unless we increase the proposal therefore over committing our finances ( bearing in mind I was making a voluntary contribution anyway)there is no chance of it being approved. We were pressured into over committing when the IVA was approved Feb 07 and there is no way am I going to be backed into that corner again. Accuma have confirmed, they hold no funds for BR. Thankfully, when we were waiting for the meeting to be arranged, we put the monies to one side. So the funds are there for BR - just have to fill out the forms and make an appointment....did I say just????[:I]

Moneyworries

Post by Moneyworries » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:58 pm
Hi Julie

I am so sorry to hear your news. You would have thought they would have prefered that as opposed to your hubby going br !!

I am from the br site (only a general visitor here these days) and you can fill the forms in online and as you go along you can save them. I did all the easy bits first and it was much less stressful that filling them in by hand [:0]

I went br (could not do iva) and hubby did not and so far life hasn't changed for me at all. It feels very strange, alot less stressful but i do not regret it at all.

I hope you manage to get things sorted as soon as you need to.

Good luck

Jenny

xx
Onwards and Upwards is the way for me :-0)

xx

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:12 pm
Julie I'm sorry to read this too. Cannot add to what others have said, hopefully Skippy will be along shortly as she is always positive about her BR and put your mind at rest further. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:27 pm
Really sorry to hear the bad news Julie.
xxxxxx
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

tori

Post by tori » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:45 pm
Oh Julie,i am so very sorry,and really quite shocked as i was expecting to see an 'accepted' post..i too would be annoyed and bewildered,but i can understand your relief,as at least now you know which path you are taking and can see the way forward.. big hugs from me too..take care both of you.xxx
please visit my blog http://tori.blogs.iva.co.uk/ a second chance..

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:04 pm
Julie I'm so sorry. I can't believe that your variation was rejected because of the car when Accuma knew about it all along.

You are right not to over commit your finances, and I hope that things look up for you and hubby.

I completed the forms online as you can add things and save them as you go along and then submit them shortly before you go to court.

You may need confirmation from your IP that the IVA has failed, it's worth checking this with the court and your IP.

Good luck and lots of love to you both xxx
35 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”