stupidest question ever ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
25 posts Page 2 of 2

george.c

Post by george.c » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:03 pm
Thanks Jan

You guys are so reasuring I don't think I will ever sleep again, I was going on fine with my head buried in the sand making minimum payments for the rest ofmy life. Oh well its all started now, fingers crossed.

George

soreloser

Post by soreloser » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:05 pm
I am sure you will be ok George - I didn't get much hassle at all, and I had missed a payment in December before proposing an IVA in January. Barclaycard were the only one that rang many times a day (on my mobile) and nearly all of those were automated.

One thing I did do was write to all the cc companies and tell them I was dire financial straits, and all except barclays (who i ignored totally) pretty much left me alone...

There's million like us out there at the moment...!

aguise

Post by aguise » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:06 pm
Hi George
If you are paid up till March then, as Jan says, I doubt you will hear anything until the payments are missed. We were a month in front and didnt hear until they had not received their payment.
Dont worry do as Jan says be polite and give them any details like your ref no or refer them to your Ip. If they are too pushy then just say they have all the info you can give them and that you are ending the phonecall.
I only had one that really bothered me and to be honest I got used to it in the end.
Just get all your info etc back to your Ip asap and hopefully things will move quite quickly and you wont have too long to wait for your meeting.

all the best

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

george.c

Post by george.c » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:10 pm
Thank you all very much.

sorry for highjacking your thread Fergiedoggy.

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:14 pm
Hi george & welcome to the forum from me.

I agree with Kallis - which is correct and sound advice. I doubt you will get many calls as your IVA should be well on its way by then & your IP should of contacted them by then too.
We were lucky - we too had paid our last payments to all our creditors in good time for our IVA Proposal Meeting - we only got one phone call off Halifax.
I am sure you will be fine & like Jan says be polite & don't get into conversation with them. If you struggle with a creditor on the phone, just say "I am reviewing/dealing with my/our financial situation & you will be hearing from me/us soon". Worked for me & they left it at that - good luck with your IVA & let us know how you get on.
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:20 pm
hi george hope youre ok-sorry hun my post was not done with the intention of scaring you or anyone else-sorry x
i was just commenting on how silly one of my creditors was being-you will fine-nobody can touch you. apologies if i have upset anyone-feel really bad x [V]

george.c

Post by george.c » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:26 pm
Hi Fergie

Don't feel bad its been really good to get advice on things that have been worrying me, I might even get some sleep. As long as they don't phone my work I will be able to cope with it now.

Thank you.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:41 pm
Another thing as well, is that they should go through some security questions before they speak to you. If you refuse to confirm your name etc., they cannot speak to you, so if you just refuse, they'll have to go away!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

n958g

Post by n958g » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:03 pm
Yes, good call. When (if) you answer, pretend to be a robot or something. Some people on this forum play music down the phone. I used to ask the same question they asked me back to them again. Childish at times, but worth it to cheer yourself up.

Remember, you've done nothing wrong/illegal or anythng like that. Don't make them think you have - you are trying to regain control. You've never met these people, and doubt you ever will.

n958g

Post by n958g » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:04 pm
PS - do this to Mercers if you are with B/card or littlewoods.
25 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”