Company Credit Card

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
54 posts Page 2 of 4

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:38 am
Nice to see you zim zim. Hope you are well.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:31 am
I think the easiest way all round is just to notify your supervisor or original IP if you are proposing an IVA and that should be the end of it. The main issue is consent to obtain credit and your IP will undoubtedly allow you to carry a corporate card so there would never be a problem.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Cybus

Post by Cybus » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:25 pm
zim zim wrote:

Sorry Cybus, i do not agree with your argument! I have a company credit card and use it very frequently (the last time being my Singapore trip). If any individual were to abuse the use of a company credit card-the first action that the company would take would be dismissal surely! To that end, spending on a jolly/spree or household items would not come into the equation. Company cards are very useful (for me anyway)purely for the fact i do not have to worry about finding the money up front for food & drink etc whilst employed away from home.

Regards zim zim

I have little knowledge of Company credit cards. However, my opinion on who is accessing credit differs. Unless the company is able to restrict the use of that card (ie to business use only, usable at only certain points of sale)in such a way that it prevents the dishonest employee abusing it, it is the employee who has access to and therefore use of that credit.

The point I was trying to make on the abuse of such a card is this -

If that individual were to abuse a company credit card, they have incurred credit without consent or knowledge of the Supervisor. I agree that would most likely result in dismissal of the individual concerned and that then certainly does have an affect on the IVA -

Unemployed, the debtor no longer has any means to sustain the IVA payments and that will almost certainly cause the IVA to fail.

If the debtor was somehow able to maintain the IVA contributions, the IVA would still fail by way of the unapproved credit - yes the Company with the card may well have to pay it off, but surely they're going to seek to recover it from the debtor at some point. How will that be treated - presumably the debtor would attempt to include it in their IVA. But, unless I am mistaken, a bankruptcy offence has been committed, the result of which will be termination of the arranegment.

I don't doubt that a Company Credit card, if not abused, can be a useful thing to have. However, at the end of the day, it is still credit, whether restricted use or otherwise and in my opinion still requires sanction of the Supervisor.
Tell it like it is.

zim zim

Post by zim zim » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:21 pm
Hello Skippy and Kallis, i be very well thankyou. Still looking forward to that wedding Skip and also to hearing the yammer speak in her black country accent[:p]
To Cybus, i take on board some of your points and views but ultimately i stand by mine. I feel we will have to agree to disagree on this one!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:28 pm
I did mention getting married, and he didn't say no, but he didn't exactly say yes either so don't hold your breath zim zim!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:28 pm
Glad yowm orlright!

One day zim zim![:D]
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

zim zim

Post by zim zim » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:33 pm
Right then Skippy, time to bin him and marry me instead! As for your last Jan-i'm just sat here grinning!!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:34 pm
That's the best offer I've had for a long time!

zim zim

Post by zim zim » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:44 pm
What shall we go for then Skip? Marry as soon as and have a pauper style wedding[:I] or shall we wait and go for the big extravaganza?[:D][:D] Smiles all round until the bill comes in[:(]

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:46 pm
[:D][:D][:D]

I think it might have been my talk of platinum rings and a beach in St Lucia that scared Dave!

zim zim

Post by zim zim » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:51 pm
Aaah, must admit i was thinking along the lines of possibly ring pulls as opposed to rings. What about the beach near St Michaels Mount?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:05 pm
I need an invite as well!
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:06 pm
Is that Cornwall? One of the most beautiful places in the country.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:08 pm
It is Cornwall.

I like Cornwall!
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:20 pm
So do I - apart from Looe!
54 posts Page 2 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”