feeling really poorly and very low

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
31 posts Page 1 of 3

elizabethr

Post by elizabethr » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:25 pm
Hi all - I am sorry that I only seem to post when I am in need but I do look at whats on the forum most days. I have been really poorly this week and as well as my heart problem there seems to be a very strong possibility I have ME - which is not surprising because of all the stress I have had. Keep being told to relax or it won't help my condition but just seems so much to think about - now have an oral warning from work as I have been off sick since 1st Nov, no sign of me getting back soon and my pay goes down on 2nd May. Not sleeping well, been in bed since 8pm this evening tossing and turning, and waiting to hear if an amount offered by family will be enough to settle IVA through F&F. Don't know how I am going to make payments after May if not.
Elizabeth

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:44 pm
Hi Elizabeth,

So sorry that you are not well at all. I'm sorry you have problems with work as well - that's not helping. Can you speak to someone at HR about this or a union rep?

I really hope your F&F gets accepted. Everything crossed.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

elizabethr

Post by elizabethr » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:53 pm
Thans Kallis - will try talking to the union early next week - its just really difficult for me to do any "tasks" at the moment. I have sent documentation and email about a week ago for IP to look at the situation but not had a response yet so just can't relax at the moment. I am so tired sometimes i just want to drift away.
Elizabeth

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:17 pm
Don't give up Elizabeth - there will be help out there for you.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:27 pm
Hi Elizabeth - sometimes things all seem to happen at once don't they?! You'll come through this as one by one things sort themselves out. Do keep on top of your F&F though as a week old email is probably lost in their inbox now!! A quick call on Monday should jog their memory. xx

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:28 pm
Hi Elizabeth, I hope the F&F is accepted, any idea when you'll hear?

How much contact have you had from your employer? Did they fully assess your condition and how did they give you a warning? I would hope your employer has been supportive xx

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:58 am
Hi Elizabeth sorry you're not feeling good. I agree maybe a little reminder email or phone call if only to see the original was received might be a way forward. I hope the F&F is acted on positively. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:42 am
I agree that another email tomorrow or a phone call just to make sure they got the original would be good.
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:02 am
Elizabeth, as soon as you are "officially" diagnosed with M.E you will fall under the auspices of the DDA, so your employer should be more supportive and make reasonable adjustments for you to try to return to work ( if possible). I had a job which involved a lot of driving, which became impossible (if not downright suicidal) with M.E, and my employer changed my duties to compensate. They also took me out of the computerised sick day "totting up" system so I don't keep triggering automatic reviews and the like.

To be honest, having learnt what warning signs to look out for, I can manage reasonably well, using annual leave and flex-time to give me "rest" days, and I am actually off sick less than most of my colleagues!!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:15 am
You have that system as well then Foggy? It's awful isn't it? When I had a lot of time off way back in 2006 with a lot of family problems with health and one thing and another I had to 'attend' HR and I was made to feel very guilty!

Elizabeth - I hope you are feeling more positive today.
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:23 am
Yes, Jan, we "enjoy" that system, which just heaps more pressure on you when you least need it! To be honest we were more "productive" without it, but ,, as they say ,, c'est La Vie.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

elizabethr

Post by elizabethr » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:31 pm
Thanks for all your messages. I am already covered under the DDA because of my crohns but some managers are not helpful and one actually said they were putting a one week per year cap on for thre crohns despite occupational health saying there could not be a time limit. I am due to have another assessment now as this time I have been off 4 months which is logged as a cardiac problem which it was to start with but now is turning into something else which I am certain is ME. Its been difficult because I have been pushing myself to get better knowing I need to get back to work but it has just been making me worse as has all the financial worry. I am on my own know with the house and two girls to be responsible for. Knowing I have to keep updating work about when I might be back means I can't relax which isn't helping my recovery - in fact I am not recovering at all. I am getting worse.

I will contact IP again tomorrow.
Elizabeth

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:59 pm
I am so sorry that you are feeling worse Elizabeth. Speak to your IP and also speak to your HR and union about this.

We're always here to support you.
Bob Marley.

andrea1968

Post by andrea1968 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:58 pm
elizabethr-why not look in to disability benefits?
When I finished work (for health reasons) I realised that once I was not paying out for childcare,fuel for work.extra insurance,clothing etc I actually had as much money left as when I was working.
Seems like the pressure you are under at work is exacerbating your symptoms-I believe chrons disease and ME all become worse through stress.
As for the manager telling you how long you can be sick for for a specific illness-ridiculous-who do they think they are - GOD!!!!
Please consider all your options-your health and family are a lot more important than these inconsiderate morons that you have to work with.
Good luck in whatever you decide.
full and final accepted January 2015

iva agreed; August 2010
iva would have completed; August 2017
extra year thank's to NRAM

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:18 pm
Good idea Andrea - I am sure you will be able to claim some Elizabeth.
Bob Marley.
31 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”