the bells the bells....

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
71 posts Page 1 of 5

kyla123x

Post by kyla123x » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:07 pm
[:0] good afternoon everyone its more like the phone the phone lol it wont stop ringing so far since 8 a.m this morning and im not kidding it has rang 16 times and more then once from the same company even though i have told them i am entering into an iva!! but they say as they havent received anything from B and E they want their money and they want it now.... i have given them reference number to contact my iva people but they not interested! nice phone call this morning on my mobile though from iva company to tell me to ignore ignore ignore, must admit bit scary though, my agreement letter is arriving tomorrow and within a few weeks creditors will all have been contacted so my spirits are still high and hopfull that i will be accepted xxx[:D][:D]

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:11 pm
Keep positive kyla, unfortunately the calls are not nice but by answering them you may buy some time before they ring again, if you want some peace leave your phone off the hook or unplug it for a couple of hours. They're more than like ringing from a call centre and the info re your IVA application hasn't filtered through. Hang in there won't be long x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:12 pm
The calls normally stop relatively quickly and your IP firm deals with queries. It seems strange that creditors will only be contacted in a few weeks since that is all the time it takes to actually draft a proposal and call a meeting.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kyla123x

Post by kyla123x » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:18 pm
i think thay are sending me 5 pieces of something that need to be signed and then they will contact creditors so far they have got all my I&E and direct debit mandate someone came to collect my id extra and proof of debts etc and i have got them back my IP is on holiday but have been called twice this week already so i know they not forgot about me, hopefully my proposal will be done very soon xx

kat68

Post by kat68 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:23 pm
Hiya, its a horrible time. I've been getting lots of calls from barclaycard, yesterday they even told me they had received the letter I had sent them letting them know I am entering into an VIA. But they were still trying to persuade me to pay them direct. I'm just clinging to hope that things can only get better.
kat

IVA accepted 6th May 2011, Full and Final accepted 17th April 2012.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:04 pm
Hi - it is not pleasant at this stage, but remain strong -have a typed or written standard paragraphy by the phone - when you answer it simply read the paragraph out and terminate the call politely - something like
"I have to inform you that I am entering into an IVA. My Insolvency firm will be in contact with your offices, if they have not already done so, to inform you of this matter and the creditor meeting date, until then I will not be communicating any further with you on this matter. Have a nice day and thank you for calling"

It worked for me and calls subsided very quickly...give it try !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:13 pm
Hi Kyla welcome to the forum from me,

Im with BE & Im sure it wont be long before this period is over. Ive read that your documents have been collected & you are waiting your proposal. Dont worry BE have 2 IPs so it wont be delayed in anyway.
When you get the bits to sign, read them through & make sure you understand everything. Dont be afraid to ring them up n ask questions if your unsure. I rang them loads of times! Or you can pop on here n ask too. Once I had everything signed n sorted, the creditors meeting soon came round.
Your creditors are not interested at this stage of your process of going through an IVA, as they are trying to get as much money from you, before it comes into place. You do not have to answer the calls, if it becomes that bad I have heard of others changing there number.
Hang on in there & go through everything carefully, it wont be long now. x

I like Lulu answer when creditors call - I said something similar n then put the phone down x
Last edited by MrsKnight on Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

kyla123x

Post by kyla123x » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:58 pm
thankyou for your replys will be trying that lulu lol i have read the forum for the past few weeks and loads have helped on here i know its a waiting game and Band E are doing their best and keeping me up to date roll on tomorrow think i will be reading it over and over again and will definatly be asking questions if im not sure of something thanks again xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:34 pm
The letters didn't work for me I'm afraid, I still got the calls and don't forget that the call centres that phone will have no idea about the IVA, they are just there to bully you into paying money.

Have you thought of having your number changed?
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:39 am
Morning!

Hope Your getting on ok Kyla & those phone calls have eased off?
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

kyla123x

Post by kyla123x » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:39 pm
when the creditors call i have now set my phone to reject so it doesnt ring just goes straight to answer phone and if i get caught out i just hang up and put the number straight to reject.....so far so good thank you im a lot happier but still waiting for proposal i know my ip was off last week but they did say they were sending it so may give them a ring tomorrow or it may have arrived to day but i work 9 til 9 so wont know til i get home .[:)]

greeneyes34

Post by greeneyes34 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:07 pm
you could always refuse to answer the security questions then they can't discuss anything with you anyway, or give them wrong answers! I didn't have any calls while I was setting up my IVA and I couldn't work out why. Then I realised that they probably had an old mobile number for me (I never had a landline) and so of course they couldn't reach me. :)
Full and Final agreed 28th October 2010.

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:56 pm
Your welcome Kyla, sounds like you have found a good solution to dealing with those calls! I'm sure your proposal will be being drafted or done by now, it does come in a A4 sized envelope so you won't miss it when it arrives. Give them a call just to see what's happening with it, just to put your mind at ease, they won't mind. I think they call you anyway just to make sure you have got it ok.
Keep us posted Kyla x
Last edited by MrsKnight on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lyns x

kyla123x

Post by kyla123x » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:53 pm
afternoon all i called B&E yesterday to find out whats going on cuz not heard anything for a week and half, he needed more proof of child tax credits so faxed that off this morning and rang again this afternoon and my IP informs me that he is getting the paperwork done and it should be with me by the beginning of next week, told him i was a bit annoyed as they have already had £252 out of me and i think they are waiting around for their second payment of £252 due on the 7th april, maybe then he may turn round and say not gonna work but thanks for the cash!! i gave them all proof and paperwork they wanted on march 4th just seems to be dragging on......but they have lost onterest hmmmm maybe its just me but it will be coming up to me not paying my creditors for the secong month in a row and they may not believe that im am trying to sort an IVA out [:(] but i am happy that i have cash in the bank that i have not paid them and it makes a change so a little something to smile about [:)]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:09 pm
Your creditors will know that you are proposing an IVA and will be doing all they can to get you sorted out.

B&E will be passing on your details to Blair Endersby and they will be sorting out your proposal.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
71 posts Page 1 of 5
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”