Month 60 in 7 days

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
22 posts Page 2 of 2

scooby

Post by scooby » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:50 am
Congrats Mo on your completion of IVA (almost)

What do you mean Grumple - "Thought we'd finally cracked it.....we were wrong"

4 more payments and an equity release til debt freedom.

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:34 am
what an inspirational post. I know you shouldnt wish you life away but I sure cant wait to being debt free :)
Steven & Debbie

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:44 am
A big welcome and well done from me too, i hope that the next few days pass quickly for you Mohawk. what a lovely feeling and as everyone has said a very positive posting, which will i hope encourage others who are entering this forum looking for ways to cope with their debts, think about what has been posted and this is certainly a positive one and then take that all important step of making a phone call and hopefully getting the help they need. I too listen at work to folks who are struggling to make ends meet, i'm not smug but at least my bills are paid and i do know what is in my bank account each month, albeit a very small amount it's still in the black. I am embarking hopefully on the last year of my IVA but only time will tell when i have my home valued and that is in the laps of the gods and my IP lol. Good luck and best wishes, cheers and hope you now have a debt free life. xxxx
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

Mohawk

Post by Mohawk » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:03 am
I believe the phone call to the debt management company is THE single most important step to make.

On putting the phone down, I remember feeling like I had finally accomplished something. A wave of hope came over me and for the first time in a very long time I slept like a baby.

The nice person on the other end told me the letters from my creditors would stop, and that they'd be in trouble if they continued, that in itself was almost enough.

I wanted to pay back my creditors, hence not going for BR, which I could have done. I don't shirk my responsibilities. But I also did place some of the blame at the creditors feet for feeding me debt I simply couldn't afford. The IVA seemed a good idea for all involved, it teaches us all a lesson.

I don't intend to go back into debt. I may not have that choice if I need to buy a house eventually, but at least if that happens I will be in control, that's what I've learned through operating an IVA for 5 years.

And yes, I will have a credit card in the future. Shocking? Not at all. I intend to end up with a card that I can use to my advantage, normal spending that adds up to vouchers at the end of the year in time for Xmas, I'm thinking Tesco, Sainsburys or M&S for example, to be paid off at the end of the month, every month thus leaving my wages intact and earning interest in my savings and current accounts.....

*hmmmmm....savings....* :-)

Its still a bit of a dream even now, I still can't get over how much money I will have spare each month. but I don't think I will ever be frivolous with cash again, and in my head for the last 5 years I have realised if I don't have the money, I simply won't have whatever it is I cannot afford until I've saved enough fo it, and that includes a new car....well, new to me!

Make the call. It's as close to a miracle as you can get on this earth.
Last edited by Mohawk on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
I feel like I can move mountains. I just wish I could sort out the weather.

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:21 am
you will do it Mohawk, the learning curve we all embark on and skills we develop towards our debt free pathway will stay with us for a long time to come i'm sure. Take care and be safe, once again good luck. x
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:29 am
Well done!!
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

Mohawk

Post by Mohawk » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:22 pm
Worry over!
Someone must have heard me.
This morning I got a letter from my IP reminding me that my last payment will be made on 26th of this month.
It's going to be a very long 6 days!

I am going to buy a £5.99 bottle of Cava for comsumption next Tuesday night :-)
I feel like I can move mountains. I just wish I could sort out the weather.
22 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”