ppi post iva

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
141 posts Page 9 of 10

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:58 pm
Broke , I think anyone reading the whole thread and one or two associated threads will certainly gain an appreciation of where the balance lies in all of this. I would also just point out that the Banks lost their High Court case re: PPI a year ago and had settled 500000 claims prior to that.

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:28 pm
Really think we should put this one to bed now.

We've all had our say and have to be careful that our 'heated' discussions do not deter new posters.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:57 pm
Kazzafunk, I think your mistaken. If you don't air what are pressing issues for many people, you might as well post a link to those sites that are. It should carry on being an open forum with real relevance to all those caught up in the issues being discussed. It encourages people to post, share information and shed light on what's going on for the benefit of everyone looking in on the site. There are also many other threads covering less controversial topics.

nepensioner

Post by nepensioner » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:04 pm
I actually agree with Kazzafunk in that this seems to be going on and on, without any resolution. There appear to be questions needing answers from certain IVA companies, however personally I am sure these answers will not be forthcoming no matter how many times the questions are asked, therefore time to put this to bed.
F & F Accepted 19th Oct 2010

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:09 pm
Ok - but please can we not keep going over and over the same old ground.

I have already been insulted on another thread today and I really do think this sort of 6 page thread could deter people who may be too scared to start a new thread.

Having said that this is just my opinion and I'm sure 1 or 2 of you will shout me down!
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:27 pm
I'm afraid I cannot see any connection at all between this thread and anyone being deterred from starting a new one. In fact, the evidence is there that many new threads have been started whilst this one has been running. I'm sorry if you were insulted on another thread, that obviously should never happen but, as you say, that was on a different thread. I've certainly not checked out every thread myself but maybe there's the odd one that would grate with me as well - but if we could all close down what we don't like there wouldn't be much left.

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:32 pm
This thread is rather going round in circles and due to a few posters who seem to have a PPI-shaped axe to grind it has a very unpleasant tone. Signing off from this thread now x

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:52 pm
BOL, that's a real shame. I'm sure we'll all miss your continuing contributions to this thread.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:20 am
This forum has run for many years without the style of posting that has been apparent over the last couple of weeks, and I know that several of the longer standing posters are pretty frustrated right now which is a great shame if it does deter them from posting and providing the friendly support that the forum has established itself upon.

Whilst I welcome a good debate, a lot of the overt and masked comments that have been made of late do not add to the spirit of the forum which we have long enjoyed. It is always great, however. to see new posters coming on board with good constructive comment.

There will never be a satisfactory answer for all parties in the PPI/VAT/closure debate - and I don't think we need the issue stirring up any further to be frank. If those parties who are posting furiously about the subject are so concerned, perhaps they ought to revert to their own legal advice to get the right answer and then debate, rather than speculate with perhaps little or insufficent knowledge. And if they do want to ask questions about the stance of particular firms, perhaps those points should be directed at those firms concerned, assuming that they have a right to enquire of course.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Daniel Griffiths

Post by Daniel Griffiths » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:13 am
Melanie

I do understand your frustration on this but there are twenty threads on this forum and this thread has now nearly 2000 views and seems to be the most popular thread on the forum at present. BOL has already decided to leave this thread and if others follow surely it will die on its legs anyway, it will only stay up there if posters want to continue discussing it, if they dont there are nineteen other threads to discuss

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:52 am
Daniel, I entirely agree. This is an open forum and doesn't require any more moderators deciding what can and cannot be discussed and in what 'style' - never mind requiring everyone takes legal advice before being admitted to the debate ! I would also just point out that legal 'advice' is just that - advice, not law. One element of the present problems besetting the industry is the differing and sometimes changing advice that different firms are getting . I personally think the forum and its contributors have done a really good job in bringing together different people's experiences and projecting the resulting questions to the industry. The profession may be reluctant to address those questions and may wish some of them had never seen the light of day, but they won't and shouldn't go away.

frankiebabe1

Post by frankiebabe1 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:58 pm
Hi all
i completed my IVA MaY 2011 whilst in the IVA i started a claim for PPI through a Claims management company who charged me 38% of any settlement to cut a long story short i was offered £10.500 but this was not settled until after my IVA was completed but i had to go to the financial ombudsman to get it since then i have also claimed another PPI missell resulting in a payment of £1.400 i therefore urge anyone post IVA to pursue claims for PPI miselling when you have completed.

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:06 pm
Sounds like the insolvency service and the financial ombudsman's service need a chat! I cannot imagine why the FOS deem an asset of the iva payable to the debtor and it would be good to hear their thinking. As presumably, the flip side is that if PPi is due to the debtor irrespective of a write off, then all of us who pay our PPi into the iva are being stripped of an asset that should line our own pockets!

sponge

Post by sponge » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:36 pm
Strange on the twists and turns of a thread maybe I'll have the last word

I think as ginger3232 download stated with respect to PPI companies certinaly with BO I think claimants are at open to prospective commission reclaim from the creditors if a PPI company is used at soom later point. And it may get in to the heads of creditors to apply this through to IVA

There's a later thread (today)whilst I don't agree with the charges it's needs to be clearly laid out in proposal and retrospective amendment where required to existing proposals to future proof against creditor commission reclaim, to the claimant.

Still you could just say it wasn't misold and save yourself all this hassle

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:10 pm
If the ombudsman did not know about the IVA he would not have offered the money to the IP. There could be problems down the line.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
141 posts Page 9 of 10
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”