Hello Again

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
16 posts Page 1 of 2

SilverLinings

Post by SilverLinings » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:22 pm
Just wanted to check in again and say hello to everyone.

My annual review is coming up and it takes me back to a year ago when I was very lost and lonely and the help, advice and support I received on here. I said it before and I will say it again - if it wasn't for the help and advice I received on this forum last year I would not have entered into and IVA.

That said it has been a tough year with my eldest son being in and out of hospital. Now my second son is being referred for anger management counselling. I won't go into it further but it has been a very disempowering time.

I read so much on here and realise that there is always someone or some couples in a harder situation so I always try to count muy blessings.

Anyway, I could ramble on but the point of this post is to thank everyone on here for their support. If it were not for that I would still be in a DMP.

I am going to try and post more often to help others.

In particular Melanie is the heroine on here... she seems to just know and understand life's nuances.

Such a geat site and so under marketed.

Thank you again everyone.

Teresa x

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:57 pm
Such kind comments Teresa, and glad to see that you are finding the forum helpfu on your IVA journey.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

SilverLinings

Post by SilverLinings » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:05 pm
Thank you Melanie

I really don't think you realise how much of a life saver you really are.

So many posts on here - desparate but you always seem to make it clearer and an end in site.

If only I could do the same with my boys.

Thank You x

12 months to go

Post by 12 months to go » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:14 pm
What a really nice post Teresa

We all worry about our reviews and yet the majority of reviews go fine or suffer only minor increases

I'm sure all will be ok and you are right, the forum is a great comfort at times and relieves a great deal of worry about the unknown
Last payment made April 2012
Certificate received 1st Nov 2012

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:39 am
The forum is a life saver for many people...I know when we were in our IVA I used the forum every day as a way of keeping on track. Since our final payment 2 years ago I have continued to post as I am keen to help others...it also helped to remind me of the position we were before our IVA.

The professionals who take time out of their day jobs to help on here are highly valued by a lot of forum members and without them we would nother be where we are. They deserve the praise that they get and more.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

SilverLinings

Post by SilverLinings » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:40 pm
I know, and whilst I am an avid reader of the forum I know I should take the time to contribute more. I just don't understand why this site is not advertised on TV or marketed on GMTV. I think most people come across this site by accident and that is such a shame.

My job is internet marketing and I would be more than happy to volunteer my services to market this site.

I think this site answers every single question about an IVA and the best part.... all without judgement of anyone's circumstances.

So if I can help and volunteer my services I am more than willing to do so.

Thank you all for everything.

T x

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:28 am
Hi T, I'll make Andy Davie aware of your offer and hopefully you'll be able to market the site what a lovely thing to offer.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

SilverLinings

Post by SilverLinings » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:12 am
Hi All

Thank you for your kind comments.

And yes I am more than happy to offer my services to market this forum.

Why aren't we on GMTV - Andy Davis calling...

I read this site all the time but don't contribute as much as I should but Im on it.

I am late with my annual review due to family flue and also a member of our family having a stroke - really upsetting only 49. Devasting really but hopefully will be out of hospital in the next few days though at the moment he wont drive or work again. Puts things into perspective I feel.

Can anyone tell me if I will be penalised for a late annual I&E.

Hope you are all well and lovely to see even those that have finished their iva are still posting.

Love to you all

SilverLining x

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:15 am
We always like our clients to submit their annual review details to us in time for us finalising our report, but given that you have mitigating factors I am sure we can work our way around this - so sorry to hear you are going through a difficult time with your relative.

If you are at all worried about your review, drop me a note off-line and we can arrange to have a chat.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

SilverLinings

Post by SilverLinings » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:08 am
Thanks so much for all your replies.

I am hopefully trying to sort my annual figures this weekend but it's hit and miss with hospital visits.

Thank you Mel also for your offer of help.

And once again if I can offer my services with this forum please let me know, we should be as public as those awful ads on tv - if someone can contact me we can look at all sorts of marketing campaigns. My aim - IVA on breakfast tv.

I tried this a year ago but it seems no one was set up for it ?

xx

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:37 am
You'll probably find that will be the case now as well. The vast majority of us wish to remain anonymous off forum for various reasons.

If you have any ideas then I suggest you get in touch with Andy Davie who is the site manager. He has been on TV I believe and has also been in several national newspapers, the most recent being The Sun last week.

SilverLinings

Post by SilverLinings » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:54 am
Hi Niobe

That's great to get that coverage. It just seems a shame that a lot of people don't find this site until after entering an iva. But it's such a great resource and so helpful for people who are considering that route. And also for those with problems along the way. At least it comes up at the top of google search which is great x

MrsR

Post by MrsR » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:03 am
That's a nice post silver lining !
Started IVA 27th Feb 2012 - Due to complete 27th Jan 2018 !!

Full & Final submitted and accepted 30th March 2015, paid 10th April 2015 - 3 yrs 1 month into IVA :)

Completion Certificate received- 30th April 2015!!

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:38 am
what a lovely post x
Steven & Debbie

Simmons

Post by Simmons » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:53 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Silver Lining

Just wanted to check in again and say hello to everyone.

My annual review is coming up and it takes me back to a year ago when I was very lost and lonely and the help, advice and support I received on here. I said it before and I will say it again - if it wasn't for the help and advice I received on this forum last year I would not have entered into and IVA.

That said it has been a tough year with my eldest son being in and out of hospital. Now my second son is being referred for anger management counselling
. I won't go into it further but it has been a very disempowering time.

I read so much on here and realise that there is always someone or some couples in a harder situation so I always try to count muy blessings.

Anyway, I could ramble on but the point of this post is to thank everyone on here for their support. If it were not for that I would still be in a DMP.

I am going to try and post more often to help others.

In particular Melanie is the heroine on here... she seems to just know and understand life's nuances.

Such a geat site and so under marketed.

Thank you again everyone.

Teresa x

My Ex girlfriend started her IVA back in 2008 I believe. It proved to be very successful for her, as half way through the IVA she received inheritance and the company that was handling the IVA managed to negotiate for her to only pay 23p in the pound on her debt. The IVA was finished by 2010 and she has now managed to clean up her credit files. She's even managed to get credit cards again, but is now being sensible with her spending.

I hope things work out for you too.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”