Question for Melanie Giles or any of her staff

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
106 posts Page 6 of 8

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:57 pm
That would neither be professional nor correct for me to do worried.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

worried9876

Post by worried9876 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:05 pm
I am now confused Melanie.

But it's been a long day so I dare say that is due to being tired.

Good night all and thanks for your help today.

worried9876

Post by worried9876 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:34 pm
Now i can not sleep, i will have to find that magic wand that my mum used to use that made everything ok.

worried9876

Post by worried9876 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:45 pm
Bump, i think i will keep these posts going for a few days, feel free to tell me off but i feel if people only visit the forum every few days i will get the most advise by keep them current.

Thanks for your advise so far.

Back to counting sheep!!

SilverLinings

Post by SilverLinings » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:56 pm
Hi Worried

I have been following this thread all day.

I am sorry you are so fustrated and at your wits end. But with the utmost respect the answers you are seeking are only going to come from your ip and not from the form as we are not professionals.

I understand how you may well be feeling but in this instance commuication with your ip is going to be your best move forward.

Is it possible that you can speak to your ip first thing monday and address this?

Putting up a website with your timeline is hardly going to help you in achieving the outcome you want - please think of the bigger picture.

Please take a deep breath sit back and let others help you.

Sometimes things don't always go to plan, and yes I am aware of your 12 week wait but if you look at the bigger picture 12 weeks is not so long in the grand scheme of things.

I hate to say this but maybe if you could speak to Melanie in a lighter frame of light I am sure a resolution can be found rather than a roller coster of events which will not help you in the long run.

We all have difficult situations to deal with but I don't feel that slating Melanie or her company is the right way to go regardless of your experience with them.

I have had personal dealings with Melanie in difficult times and all I can say is that she has always offered me sound unbiased advice - and I would not hestiate in contacting her offline if I needed any clarification of an iva matter which at the end of the day is what you would want.

Please try and work it out so that it gets resolved rather than making another problem for yourself.

All said without prejudice.

I hope this helps x

worried9876

Post by worried9876 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:14 am
Hi Silver Lining,

I feel you have not got the gist of my post or my bigger picture i am afraid.

The facts are

1. A website would purely be factual, i would not aim to slate anyone or anything, purely state facts for people to browse at there leisure. It will also save some trees as i am not going to have to send countless paper versions to my creditors.

2. To late to speak to the IP to resolve as statements have already gone to my creditors, yes the variation meeting could be delayed or called off but i am a great believer of first impressions and when everyone opens the envelope Monday morning my name will be mud i am afraid.

3. I agree 12 weeks is not a long time in the grand scale of things how ever if I had not pushed this along it would have been 12 years. From day one of asking advise from this company i have only been steered towards the option that is most profitable for them and all other suggestions or requests for other option have fell on deaf ears.
Tolerance for stuff taking a long time i have bundles of, tolerance for how i have been treated, well 3 months it would appear due to this outburst!!!

In summary I will let the variation meeting go ahead, if the company still wants to carry it out, ultimately it is the best option for all. How ever I will be showing the facts to everyone and there dog that wants to see them and i expect a few people that don't, such as the creditors that from early posts i have been told only care about the £££.

I like to think i am a fair person so for me to feel the need to do this there must be something very very wrong happening and i am afraid i am now on this forum to stay!!

worried9876

Post by worried9876 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:22 am
I also understand there is great regard and respect for Melanie on this forum.

I fully appreciate this as this is the sole reason i chose her company 3 years ago.

How ever it is now apparent any problems with her company are buried off forum so perhaps this reputation is not as great as we may all think?

For example now Melanie is answering many many posts, which is great but how may need answering?

My point is other posts may get buried when other posts are answered that might not even need a new answer...

Just a thought...

As i mentioned i am here to stay and I like to think i am a fair person so lets see if the forum members think that about me to.

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:30 am
worried - reading through all of your posts today have concerned me. On a forum like this it could come across as a vendetta against Mel. I'm not saying that's your intention, but please come back tomorrow and take a look at it with fresh eyes.

I'm not taking sides, I have never met or had any dealings with Mel other than on this forum but this is the 1st time I've seen someone being extremely negative about her company.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

SilverLinings

Post by SilverLinings » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:39 am
Hi Worried

Im sorry my post did not mean to offend.

On the contrary I do get the gist of your post.

Firstly, as a very professional and experienced internet marketer of websites I don't undersant how uploading a website will help your case - unless you are related to the Google family? If you want to publicise your case perhaps you need to upload a blog on the iva forum - you will get far more views trust me.

To be honest, I feel your angst at this stage is more about revenge rather than resolution and your whole approach is one of threat rather than resolution.

I totally, understand that but at this moment you are not helping yourself, or your partner and 2 babies.

If it would help to talk offline let me know and we can talk on the phone if I can help.

You know I am a single parent with 2 teenage boys and often I wish I had somone to talk to - so if you want to the offer is there just let me know - maybe just talking rather than typing is the remedy.

xx

worried9876

Post by worried9876 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:52 am
Hi,

Ok i am a fair person Kazzafunk and Silver linning please tell me how you would deal with this situation if you was I?

I have an IVA company that has been unhelpful and has in my eyes have sent a very negative proposal to my creditors, one which is worded in such as way i could be seen to be a liar. This has been sent, no way back!!

Now please tell me what you would do???

Also please keep in mind past talks with the IVA company have resulted in this - redirect me towards a solution that mostly benefits there company, no reply at all or lastly i have posted on this forum and they have bent over backwards to help until such time as i go quiet on this forum...

I do not see talking to the IP will find a solution because the IP has already done irreversible damage!!!

Now is someone can come up with a fair solution please tell me, as i mentioned i am fair and would like to act accordingly so will take all comments on board.

I did initially think an apology to me and my creditors may fix this how ever Mel's comments in this post give no indication that is on her agenda.

Also please note this is not about just words that people can read about me in the proposal this is about the fact this proposal can have massive ramifications to my life such as one possibility being bankruptcy!!!

Im all ears, please tell me how a problem can be resolved when the damage is already done????

My only thoughts at present is an apology or to defend myself!! And by defending i do not mean a man hunt of Mel's company i mean to get the facts out there for everyone to make there own minds up!!!!

Silver lining i would be very grateful if i could phone you!!

worried9876

Post by worried9876 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:01 am
Silver lining the more i think about it the more i would welcone a call with you.

Perhaps you have an email address so i can forward all the information to you first.

You can then tell me if my out burst is valid or unreasonable!!

Thanks again

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:03 am
worried/silver lining, you both need to go into your profiles and use the drop down menu to add each other as frugal friends. That way you will be able to contact each other off forum. You won't be able to post contact details in a post.

MrsR

Post by MrsR » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:01 am
Hi worried,

I am a mother if 2, and recently we came very close to my husband losing his job, thankfully he is ok for now.

All I can say is that we too are with Mel's company have had consistently efficient service since we began the iVA, from worrying about the little things to the whole plan of what if the redundancy happens.

There is always a solution to a problem, and I feel that perhaps talking directly with the company is best, and maybe should have been consistent throughout this period of time ?
Started IVA 27th Feb 2012 - Due to complete 27th Jan 2018 !!

Full & Final submitted and accepted 30th March 2015, paid 10th April 2015 - 3 yrs 1 month into IVA :)

Completion Certificate received- 30th April 2015!!

SilverLinings

Post by SilverLinings » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:05 am
Hi Worried

I hope you managed to get some sleep at least. And yest of course you can call me. I am going to add you to my frugal friends list and as Niobe says you should be able to contact me that way by email and then I can give you my number.

Hang tight Im just about to do it now x

Daniel Griffiths

Post by Daniel Griffiths » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:12 am
Hi Worried

I have also been following this post and do not at all understand your perception towards bankruptcy,

The British Government is 2002 came up with the enterprise act implemented in 2004 where bankruptcy laws changed considerably. They realised that a debtor should be released from his debts he cannot pay in 12 months from the previous three years. This was a shot in the arm for many people, people like you who got into trouble often through no fault of their own with their finances.

Three years ago you had this option and turned away from it, your property with its negative equity would have been returned you by now, the trustee in bankruptcy has three years to realise any equity in your property,if they cannot it is returned to you at no cost, if its in slight equity a charge would normally be applied you do not need to lose your home. However you chose for yourself and your family a more painful route because you wanted to repay your creditors, creditors being the banks who are haemorrhaging billions in fines and PPI pay back and being propped up the tax payer, I guess you wanted to put some money back into the Pot that is like topping up a lake with a thimble,

The possible route forward, you seem to be very worried about being made bankrupt by your creditors, why on earth would they do this, and why on earth would this wory you so much, why would they pay for you to be free from the debt which you owe, you have no job and no assets it would make no sense, you chose the IVA but have been unable to meet your side of the contract, that is the reason one in three fail, there are many many worried9876s in the world
106 posts Page 6 of 8
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”