David Mond IP of the year !!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
57 posts Page 3 of 4

Heretoday

Post by Heretoday » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:21 pm
@ Foggy which part of a thread congratulating David Mond for being awarded IP of the year did you think that I would not at least have a comment on?

My initial comments were limited to “I wish they had let his "customers" vote on this one.” and “If it was a vote by the debtors I want a recount!”

Mike Size5 who represents Cleardebt and David Mond decided to include me in his congratulatory post of his employer, and what followed was a short exchange which I felt was left on an amicable note!

@12 months to go I would thank you for your kind words of support! Whilst my own gripe is at Cleardebt and specifically at David Mond, I am well aware that there are people who are with other IVA companies that are being treated far worse than I am.

What I have found to my dismay is that for every person like myself that is willing and able to stand up for themselves, that there are many more who are not!

I have long since given up on receiving a completion certificate any time soon.
This is despite having made all required payments!
This is despite claims for missold PPI being investigated by the banks and rejected!
This is despite my insistence from the outset that I had not been missold PPI in the first place!

@Bradders All I will say is that titles (and awards) are cheap! Just look at Fred the Shred! I am not comparing David Mond directly to him, as Fred did not have my life on hold for the last 8 months!

@Melanie if there was an IVA.CO.UK award for IP of the year then there would be no contest and we would all be posting comments to congratulate you!
7 years after starting an IVA I finally received a completion certificate from ClearDebt

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:24 pm
That has made my day Heretoday - and I thank you for your very kind words. It is my birthday today - and that has just rounded the day off nicely!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Heretoday

Post by Heretoday » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:26 pm
Happy Birthday Mel :)
7 years after starting an IVA I finally received a completion certificate from ClearDebt

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:33 am
Many happy returns for yesterday Mel, i second what has been said on here re if it were the general public voting there would be no contest and to be honest it is healthy to have a debate without being personal. Hope you had a lovely day and didn't drink too much falling down water. x
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:38 am
Hi

David is a listed expert on here so that is why I have informed the forum of his success, the same way that I would for any forum expert winning an award

Regards
Andam Davies

12 months to go

Post by 12 months to go » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:02 am
Alls well that ends well

I'm glad we are all still friends , debtors , IPs and former debtors awaiting certificates

Like the happiest of families , we can on occasion have differences of opinion

And just like I did at the start of my IVA journey , I'm just about to go for my £3.99 haircut !! As the whole IVA journey taught me a great deal and now having made my last payment 6 months ago today , even though I don't have to be now I'm as tight with my money than when I started my IVA 6 yrs ago. It took me over 20 years , but I now really value MY money and am not parted with it easily
Last payment made April 2012
Certificate received 1st Nov 2012

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:28 am
Hi

An IVA really does rehabilitate you when it comes to managing money

Regards
Andam Davies

olympic_torch

Post by olympic_torch » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:24 pm
did you have to google how to spell rehabilitate? :)
Aucto Splendore Resurgo.
IVA accepted May 2007.
Extended by 12 months in lieu of equity March 2012.
F+F offer accepted May 2012.
C of C received August 2012.
IVA dropped off credit file 24th May 2013.

dawnyosf

Post by dawnyosf » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:09 pm
only just caught up with this, and just like to echo heretodays last post.....hope you had a really enjoyable birthday Melanie, you are a real credit to this forum, and a 'lifesaver' to many....much respect to you

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:36 pm
Hi

No, I'm a walking dicktionary Olympic Torch !

Regards
Andam Davies

olympic_torch

Post by olympic_torch » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:48 pm
thank goodness for predictive text!
Aucto Splendore Resurgo.
IVA accepted May 2007.
Extended by 12 months in lieu of equity March 2012.
F+F offer accepted May 2012.
C of C received August 2012.
IVA dropped off credit file 24th May 2013.

MikeyM

Post by MikeyM » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:07 pm
I see the awards as the IVA industry film oscars and look a them in the same way I look aT the Oscars. I don't really care about the oscars but wouldn't criticise the film industry for having them. If they feel they need to back slap one another fair enough. It doesn't concern me too much.

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:07 pm
I am sorry for the delay in thanking everyone for all your good wishes. I have been travelling a lot recently.

I am pleased, proud and somewhat humbled to have won this award. As some of you have pointed out, this came not from a public vote but from a jury of my peers – I happen to think that colleagues and competitors can be your hardest critics, so to have been voted for by them is quite an accolade.

However, I know I will have been measured against strict standards, alongside the other candidates for this award and that will have included all aspects of my professional reputation.

I care passionately about being as open and transparent as anyone can be, to both creditors and debtors in all the cases I deal with. And more than anything I want to achieve the best results I can for everyone, wherever that is possible.

So, I've been very disappointed with the campaign waged against me and ClearDebt by Heretoday. As has been explained on many occasions (most recently by my colleague Tom Oconnor), here:

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?wh ... 280#480105

and here:

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TO ... hichpage=1

We have no alternative but to do our duty to all creditors in every IVA. We have no wish to delay issuing completion certificates for IVAs, but we do have to do the right thing.

I have taken detailed independent legal advice on ClearDebt's position in this matter and I am acting accordingly. We must pursue PPI mis-selling claims wherever we can, for the benefit of all creditors in the IVA estate.

Heretoday, as you know, I'd like to be able to explain your specific situation to posters here, but I cannot do so without your specific consent, which you have so far refused to provide. Please will you give ClearDebt the authority we need to have, without identifying you, to provide readers here with the information necessary to enable them to judge the merits of your case?

Failing that, would you be happy to disclose your specific details, alongside those we hold (not your name or location or any information that could identify you), to a panel of iva.co.uk experts (minimum of four and appointed by Andy Davie) who can adjudge whether what we have said is true. However, if they agree with you, I will personally pay £5,000 to a charity nominated by iva.co.uk.

Incidentally, another poster wondered whether nurses would vote for their own awards. I checked. They do:

http://nurseawards.rcnpublishing.co.uk/

However they do have one category which is voted for by patients.

Thanks again for all your good wishes and thanks to IVA.co.uk for the opportunities this place affords to discuss absolutely everything that is relevant to people in IVAs.

David
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

Sam Hawkins

Post by Sam Hawkins » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:15 pm
Hi David, I like your post and very well done on your award, I was at the ceremony with Andy and was delighted to see you win. We have a mutual friend who speaks very highly of you and I trust their judgment

I am relatively new to the forum and I have noticed some comments but have not waded in as it was not appropriate for me to do so.

The whole area is very complex and hopefully will be resolved soon.

I do hope we can meet up at somepoint as there are a number of things I would like to pick your brain on, especially now as you have been judged by your peers (i.e. others in the industry) on being IP of the year!

All the best and well deserved

Sam
Samantha Hawkins
Licensed Insolvency Practitioner
Hawkins and Company
http://www.hawkinsandcompany.co.uk

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:16 pm
Congratulations again on your award David and I hope the win hasn't been tainted by some of the comments on the forum.

I for one will be witholding judgement on ClearDebt until I have heard both sides of the story. I am actually starting to wonder why we are only hearing one side!
57 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”