waiting for a confirmation on last payment

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

marsha1

Post by marsha1 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:47 pm
I contacted DFD 4 weeks ago via email to confirm that my last payment is Nov 20th 2012. I got an email response 2 days later to say the closures team would call me, to date they have not done this. Has anyone else had this kind of delay with dfd?

pm5

Post by pm5 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:18 pm
Well I am into my last year of my IVA withy DFD & I have recieved a copy of my annual report to my creditors but I have not had a I & E this year, did you have the same in your last year marsha1

12 months to go

Post by 12 months to go » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:22 pm
Hi Marsha

I would initially try ringing them and see if you get through. When i did this, granted it was 9 months ago, they were able to tell me over the phone. If you ring and get cut off with their wonderful customer friendly ( not ) phone system that cuts you off after 7 minutes, try again maybe half an hour or an hour later, as at some point you will get through.

Failing that, send another email saying how disspaointed you are that they havnt called you back as promised and i bet you find this gets you a response within 48 hours, if not the same day

let us know how you get on
Last payment made April 2012
Certificate received 1st Nov 2012

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:34 am
There seems to be a helpful lady there called Judith who may be worth trying to contact to see if she can clarify this for you.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:16 am
Great news your last payment is due in a matter of days.....I would wait for the payment to leave your account on Tuesday and then contact them again by phone ...if you still can't get through then email again. If you have not missed a payment or had to extend due to equity release or anything I would be tempted to cancel before December payment date.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Harrypop

Post by Harrypop » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:35 pm
Just pay your last payment cancel your standing order, but be aware that when they finally get round to closing your account, which will depend on if they have contacted all your creditors for ppI, you might still owe them money depending on the fact you need to have reached your agreed dividend. Don't be fooled into thinking like me that if you have paid more than the agreed monies you have achieved the dividend. Just put your money to one side, I finished on the 1st October 2012 and they told me yesterday I had to pay an extra amount, this amount was as much as my monthly contribution but you need a fall back ready. Judith helped with speeding my closure up

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:41 pm
great advice from harrypop ...and well done to harrypop too for finishing his IVA journey !

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:58 pm
harrypop.....sorry you cannot post email addresses directly into posts...can you edit your post and remove the email address please.

Admin - if you see this first can you do it please

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”