Lloyds withdraw banking support for IVA customers

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
210 posts Page 4 of 14

ashb

Post by ashb » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:01 pm
if Lloyds do this action sureley they have to give us notice so we can prepare or are they so bad they dont care

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:20 pm
If there going to act like how HBSC acts when they find out their clients are in a IVA then no, hence why I feel a sense of panic reading Melanie's post.
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

ashb

Post by ashb » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:28 pm
Yes I agree with you, the question is how will this happen, how much time will we be given/ I am looking at some of the other cash cards but I do know that they dont always work for example pay as you go on line for mobile phone, and other on line transactions.

I am researching and will post my findings here, but I am jumping ship from Lloyds before I am pushed-had enough of Banks to last me a lifetime , how anyone could work in that industry beats me, might as well become Dracula
Last edited by ashb on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lem

Post by lem » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:45 pm
Well I'm not doing anything until I hear from Lloyds direct, I am sure they will write and give a 30 day notice or something

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:56 pm
I'm jumping ship! Been on the phone to hubby n his boss & I can have hubby's wages transferred to my bank till we sort something out. I've a basic bank account with Yorkshire bank, had it same length of time as Lloyds & don't want them upsetting with adding hubby to it!

Told the boss Lloyds are being ..... To stronger words for the forum!
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:16 pm
Well what a blow to so many forum users and others alike. How very unfair of them to discriminate.

Lem you have the other account open to use despite it not being ideal for you so you have a back up. I do think for anyone with Lloyds to have a back up ready just in case.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

mazbrown

Post by mazbrown » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:34 pm
Really disappointed with Lloyds , I've had the account for 4 years , pay £9.95 per month for the silver account .
Called co-op today and applied for the cash minder over the phone , they said they would sent the pack in the post and go from there ...
I like Lloyds I phone app and the customer service .
Shame on you Lloyds !!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Pack in the post, maz? Mine was opened there and then .... or do they mean card and stuff ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

SamuelMond

Post by SamuelMond » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Such a shame we are not allowed to swear on the forum!
I think their decision has been made by some aristocrat who wears suits every day of his life, in bed, in the pool – absolute disgrace.

Why banks cannot see that people in IVA’s are actively trying to get back on the right path and then they pull the rug from under them. Makes my blood boil, and im a calm guy!

As the Lloyds group also includes Halifax and Bank of Scotland then it is safe to assume that it also will apply to them in the near future if it doesn’t already.

I agree that “free” banking will be a thing of the past, something myself and Melanie have been saying for a while, only a matter of time as their view is they are not making any money in additional products (credit cards, loans etc). Melanie – let us know how you get on with Head of Lloyds Consumer Finance.

The comments about coop are rare – hopefully this has been sorted as I usually hear good things about them and they do listen to each case individually.

As herbekj says, there are alternatives such as Think Banking who have improved their offering and customer service and also the ClearCash card. You are guaranteed acceptance with these so mif you are panicking, these do provide a solution (they wont suit all) and even though there is a monthly fee, can be a lot cheaper than if becoming overdrawn, or what may have been incurred beforehand in fines etc. These accounts wont suit all but could even be useful as a temporary solution.

Secure Trust also worthy of mention here. Everyone manages their money differently, and there are providers who will not turn you away.

Think I may start a hashtag on twitter about this!!
Managing Director of ClearCash Limited, a general purpose and reloadable prepaid MasterCard facility. Campaigner for the unbanked sector believing that no one should be financially excluded. "Intelligent Money Management"

www.clearcash.co.uk

Check out our BRAND NEW video animation on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R7pCHdWgFo

debt tired

Post by debt tired » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:59 pm
Foggy - I think they have changed the way they do this. My husband applied late last year and his was opened there and then over the phone. When I came to open mine a few weeks later, they sent forms out and I had to send these off and take in ID to Post Office (as no Coop branch nearby) before mine was opened. Yhe same thing has just happened with an application for a joint account (even though we are both alre3ady account holders)!

12 months to go

Post by 12 months to go » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:00 pm
well done samuel on your unbiased, fair and balanced post, that fairly appraises competitors who offer alternative products to your own

And in fairness to your company, there have been some very positive comments from forum members who already use your banking/financial products

Clearcash certainly seem a credible alternative to mainstream banking and actually seem to value clients business placed with them
Last payment made April 2012
Certificate received 1st Nov 2012

recovering

Post by recovering » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:09 pm
ashb the only time my cashminder debit card didn't get accepted was for council tax, it works in tesco pay at pump and i do most of my shopping online i opened my account in sept 2011 pre iva

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:17 pm
Thank you, Debt Tired, I hadn't realised they had changed things.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

olympic_torch

Post by olympic_torch » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:13 pm
I know i shouldn't, but i'm sort of glad i owed lloyds tsb a small fortune so i can never use them again.
Aucto Splendore Resurgo.
IVA accepted May 2007.
Extended by 12 months in lieu of equity March 2012.
F+F offer accepted May 2012.
C of C received August 2012.
IVA dropped off credit file 24th May 2013.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:26 pm
I'm surprised to hear the comments about the Co-op - yes their internet banking isn't the best but it's easy to get around that by using a spreadsheet. I've got account with Nationwide and I still use my trusty spreadsheet!

I might go back to the Co-op one day (if they'll have me!) although I've now closed my Cashminder. I've been using my pre-BR Nationwide account and when I got married it was too difficult to change my name with the Co-op as we don't have a local branch - there was no way I was sending my passport or driving licence in the post! I have to say that was the only time since I opened the account that I've actually needed a branch.
210 posts Page 4 of 14
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”