sub forum for post iva matters ???

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

12 months to go

Post by 12 months to go » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Andy , IPs

As others have mentioned in the past, i cant help wonder if it may be a good idea to have a sub forum whereby those of who have complete can post issues and experiences, which of course all forum members would be able to view if they want

I sometimes think twice about posting some of my post iva experiences, as I wonder if it may naff off or rub forum members noses in it that still have some way to go or are having a bad time currently

Of course its good for us to share positive experiences, but on occasion I hold back as I dont want to seem a smart ass whos's forgotten what an absolute mess they were in.

My debs unbelievably where £115,000 ( yes thats correct ive not put in an extra digit ) and whilst im proud to have come out the other end, I can never forget my fooilsh financial behaviour that got me to that level, but equally whilst im now debt free, dont want to sound brazen or supercillious with post IVA topics, when i know some people may struggle to put food on the table occasionally ( well i had times like that anyway a few times )

Could a sub forum be considered do you think
Last payment made April 2012
Certificate received 1st Nov 2012

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:25 pm
I think that posting your experiences both pre-IVA and post-IVA are invaluable contributions, and do give those posters who are either considering entering into an iva, or who are part-way through inspiration that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Don't be afraid to post - you out of all of use kmows what it feels like to be ata ll stages, and you can now see the benefits of doing something positive to deal with your debts.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

admin

Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:02 am
Please never hesitate to post 12 months to go,
It's heart-warming to know that you want to stay on to help and support others after you yourself have emerged from the tunnel of debt [:)] actually, it's inspiring [:)]
Thank you very much for your suggestion which we are exploring.
Admin

Posting Guidelines:
Industry Experts
-Must have appropriate licenses
-Advice is transparent and clear
-No solicitation (web link in signature is ok)

Forum Experts
-Give advice based on personal experience
-Are impartial and transparent

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:12 am
I would just like to reiterate what the other 2 posts have said as I actually find it very encouraging when I read about somebody coming out the other side and doing well. Keep posting, the more the merrier x

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:07 am
All I can do is repeat the above. It's good to see that there is life after IVA -- and to get a heads up on any glitches and how they have been dealt with. We are all at different stages and like to see what is ahead as well as aid those behind us.

As for appearing a smart ass ... no comment, because I am one :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:08 am
Totally agree with all the above, the only way we learn is by experiencing what we go through in life, 12 months to go i wish you all the best for your now post IVA life, you have worked hard to get to this point and soon it will be others following you. I know that when i first joined this forum and saw all those that were finishing, i wished it was me like anyone else would but certainly didn't think anything else of those people, now my time is here (sadly though being held up by incompetence and lies) but it went very quickly, so good luck and best wishes, the future is now brighter and i hope you are now warmer too.
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

antm

Post by antm » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:04 pm
I found it odd coming out of my IVA, i suddenly had a chunk of money and no real wish to spend it, my oh nudges me along and complains alot about how long i take to make a decision to spend money!!

Biggest thing ive found is that ive had loads of stuff to replace over the 5 years worn out etc, so the last 12 months have been about sorting the flat out and replacing all the broken stuff, oh and clothes, blimey i didn't realise how bad they were until i got some new ones!

Starting this month the big save and will continue to save 10% of my salary each month as a back up, when i get my payrise this year thats going across to my savings as well,

Part of me wishes i could of paid the debts in full, but at least i know they have been satisfied.

12 months to go

Post by 12 months to go » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:12 pm
Thanks everyone

Maybe I'm being too sensitive !!

I will of course continue to post . I was just concerned that when members have genuine struggles , as indeed I did at times may get fed up of those of us that are now debt free seemingly bragging about how good life now is

Thanks again everyone
Last payment made April 2012
Certificate received 1st Nov 2012

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:35 pm
I've finished now and awaiting my certiicate of completion. I have wondered how I'll feel saying I've got it when others are sometimes waiting years.

We will all get there.

Why not start a blog and update it regularly not only is it a good record for yourself others read it and with the bonus of winning vouchers it's really worth doing.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kal

Post by kal » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:48 pm
I too have just completed, last week, so all this debt free malarkey is very new to me.......at 44 years old I think this is the first time in my adult life that I've not actually owed any money!!!
I too like someone above said can remember coming in here and feeling envious of those that were finishing their IVA's and thinking oh god that will never be me.
Our debts (joint) were over £120k, and I often wonder how on earth did I let it get to that stage, but I'm sure we will agree none of us mean it to happen, and being in an IVA although not paying back all of the debt, it is not easy and takes some doing for 5 yrs or so.
I will continue to read this forum , as I found it so invaluable at the time I needed it most.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”