IVA Completion With DFD / PPI

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
14 posts Page 1 of 1

dorset70

Post by dorset70 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:28 pm
I'd appreciate any advice and help members can offer me. My IVA was due to end and complete in August 2012 after 5 years but due to PPI being managed with Equity In Finance I am no nearer to receiving my completion certificate.

Understandably very frustrated, have continually chased up with EIF and DFD but am not getting anywhere with either. EIF dont seem to have done much at all since the PPI paperwork was requested and today after calling them am told there is yet another questionnaire they need completed. Apparently there are three creditors left for potential PPI claims and they estimate at least another 12 weeks which will bring me up to a year after I was meant to complete!

Help please, have been reading some of the posts and trying to understand what the legislation is that has caused delay in people receiving their completion certificates due to outstanding PPI claims.

Am feeling very downhearted as by the time I receive my completion certificate (if) it will be another year from that date before it gets removed from my credit report. We all started our IVA in good faith aiming for 5 years and to be debt free but it looks like it is more like 6 to 7 years!!

Very frustrated, is there anything I can do?

Evette Everest

Post by Evette Everest » Mon May 13, 2013 3:25 pm
Hi dorset70,

Thank you for your enquiry, please can you send me an email (included in profile) so that I can look further into your case and give you more information.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Evette
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support

nonewdebt

Post by nonewdebt » Mon May 13, 2013 4:32 pm
From my own case with DFD/EIF,some Creditors aren't reponding to PPI claims as quick as they should be and some don't even bother despite been red flagged by EFI.So the delays are from that lack of response. EIF has to work to close all accounts in the IVA with ppi or no ppi labilities.

I was assigned a person from EFI to look into my PPI case earlier this year and she took a hawk eye approach in closing unresponsive accounts and now all my cases are closed...Then there is the settlement phase where payments of PPI are finally agreed and made by creditors.Beyond this phase, DFD will iniatiate closure of the IVA.

Dorset70,I would think delays you have are due to the investigative stage of non responding creditors.
Last edited by nonewdebt on Mon May 13, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:02 pm
Hi dorset70 and welcome to the forum.

Sadly it has to be said that these two companies are not the most proactive of claims companies/IVA providers.

That said now that DFD appear to have a forum customer support poster things may now improve.

EIF will sadly need to be chased as they are notorious for sitting back and letting it all happen or not as the case may be, i'd ask for a case worker so that you can email that one person and get answers.

Good luck with this, it isn't fair to keep you waiting for something that you agreed to have once all your payments were met, hopefully with the new legislation coming out you will soon have your CC and rightfully so.
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

dawn20

Post by dawn20 » Mon May 13, 2013 7:23 pm
hi my iva last payment was in jan 2012 then came the dreaded ppi apparently according to eif after much nagging they told me that the ppi claims have all been paid that was the beginginng of april this year and the would e mail dfd but guess what when i phoned dfd they say they only reciecved an email from eif on the 1st may up to now t has been 17m0nths from the last payment and dfd told me they have not yet started the closure process it htis rate it will be getttig close to the 2 year mark and from what ive seen from my annual statement there are still ip fees being deducted so i feel the longer they drag thieir feet the more fees the get and the less gets paid to the creditor hope you have better luck with closure than me ive about given up hope of the end as it not in sight yet just the same answers when you ring dfd they cant tell you

dorset70

Post by dorset70 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:36 am
Hi Evette

Thanks for your post, I have emailed you but the email provided on your profile has bounced back as not deliverable?

Thanks.
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Evette Everest

Hi dorset70,

Thank you for your enquiry, please can you send me an email (included in profile) so that I can look further into your case and give you more information.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Evette

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed May 15, 2013 11:24 pm
I'd like to welcome Evette to the forum, and to also state how nice it is to see a representative from DFD posting again on the forum. I am sure that Evette's presence on here will be much valued by all forum posters who have IVAs under supervision with DFD.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Fri May 17, 2013 4:46 pm
Let's hope that speedy replies and resolutions can be made with Evette on board, at last something positive to improve customer experience and service.
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

Evette Everest

Post by Evette Everest » Mon May 20, 2013 1:34 pm
Dear Dorset70,

We’ve been experiencing some technical errors regarding external emails to the forum support email address. You may have received an undeliverable message, therefore we would ask that you could resend your email so I can pursue this further.

Thanks,
Evette
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support

dorset70

Post by dorset70 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:04 am
Thanks Evette

I have just resent the email and look forward to hearing from you.

With thanks.
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Evette Everest

Dear Dorset70,

We’ve been experiencing some technical errors regarding external emails to the forum support email address. You may have received an undeliverable message, therefore we would ask that you could resend your email so I can pursue this further.

Thanks,
Evette

dorset70

Post by dorset70 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:44 pm
So frustrated with DFD and EIF, any advice greatly appreciated.

Further to my last post in May, I have chased up again with DFD last week to be told that there are now 6 creditors outstanding with regards to potential PPI claims when it was four in May! I just dont understand how it can take nearly a year to get the claims sorted.

Is there anything anyone can advise me to do to get this completed, I should have completed in August 2012 so it's nearly a year since I should have completed. I dont seem to be getting anywhere and I did ask to speak to my IP to try and find out what the delay is,but couldn't get to speak to them as was advised there is nothing they can do, it's down to EIF. I tried to also explain that I wanted this resolved asap as it's nearly six years now but didn't feel I was getting anywhere. I saw in one post previously someone had involved their local MP and got a resolution and received their certificate.

I also see the name Judith Anderton from DFD pop up quite a lot and seems to be quite effective in resolving people's issues with DFD, does anyone have her contact details?

Any advise greatly greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:17 pm
Hi Dorset - sorry to read your frsutration continues. You can either go to 'ask experts a question' and Judith is near the bottom or search on members for Judith Anderton. I am sure between her and Evette they can escalate this for you. Fingers crossed :-)
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:29 am
It sounds like they are still in the middle of their PPI investigation and audit, so in reality there may be little you can do to speed up your closure - but I do think they could be keeping you a little better informed. Hopefully one of the now several DFD representatives posting on the forum will pick this up tomorrow and be able to assist with at least a meaningful update.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:13 am
Hi Dorset, it was me that went to my MP as I was getting somewhat fed up with the constant barrage of excuses given to me by both EIF and DFD.

I complained to both companies using their complaints procedure but it was a case of 'closing ranks', so I took the course of action of involving my MP. This was a last resort action as I felt that I wasn't being given the customer service that I was actually paying for and if nursed the patients that I care for on a daily basis as I was being treated, then I would've been up in front of the NMC and struck off!

I would give Judith a chance to try and sort this out and meanwhile please chase up EIF as one will blame the other and you won't know where you are. If you have invoked the complaints procedure and haven't got anywhere then perhaps you could consider the route that I went down, Jo Swinson the MP forEmployment Relations and Consumer Affairs in the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills is also very interested in these matters too. Good luck and best wishes.

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”