I'm about to go into an IVA with Gregory Pennington. Any feedback on company appreciated.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
20 posts Page 1 of 2

boops

Post by boops » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:27 pm
im about to go into an IVA with Gregory Pennington, has anyone has any good experiences with them? The lady thats helping me with my application is real nice and patient but as a company what are they like?

Shell.76

Post by Shell.76 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:52 pm
is it a iva or dmp?

boops

Post by boops » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:01 pm
Its an IVA, they mentioned that they were a member of a group of recognised company.I tried to look for them under the links ive seen in the forum but theyre not even listed. :( ive have cancelled all my Direct Debits and the necessary documentation sent. Im a little apprehensive but looking forward to a more manageable sum to pay for the next 5yrs. I asked if i could do DMP but they advised me not to due to my situation.

Shell.76

Post by Shell.76 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:12 pm
i think freeman jones is part of gregory pennington and thats who i had my iva with!!! it wasnt always easy but always got through it!!! i have just recently finished my iva in feb and received my completion certificate in may so all in all pretty happy!!!! some representatives from freeman jones also post on this forum. hope everything works out for you!!! [:)]

boops

Post by boops » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:34 pm
Aw thanks for that. i am really nervous about the whole thing! 5 years isnt long and hopefully i will have something saved up after it all. I just feel really apprehensive....but Claire who is helping me has been really nice. i hope it will ease off my worries a little each month and instead of £20 to get by on ill have that little bit more to buy food and can finally give up selling everything i own on ebay.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:59 pm
Freeman Jones are the IP part of this group, so I assume this firm will be eventually the ones acting for you.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

boops

Post by boops » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:08 pm
right ok. i feel that this is the right and only thing to do.

boops

Post by boops » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:14 pm
they mentioned that they were members of DEMSA so i figured that would be ok company to go with.

Shell.76

Post by Shell.76 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:42 pm
it is very nerve rackking at start of an iva whoeve you go with. have you actualy had an iva accepted or just talking through it? coz you can always ring up other iva companies for advice and then decide which company you would like to go with!!!! hope this helps!!! but like i said they rnt a bad company, i did have a few teething problems but it all came good in the end [:)]

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:36 pm
We were in a DMP with GP but moved to an iva and Freeman Jones have looked after that, I believe they are all part of the same group. FJ have been very good throughout the iva until recently. We finished our iva in December but apparently due to PPI issues we still have not received our completion certificate. The staff at FJ are always polite, helpful and do get back to you when they say they will. Good luck on your journey to debt freedom!
Life after IVA is wonderful.

boops

Post by boops » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:48 pm
Thank for all the positive feedback on this. I think it will be a good step to take. i just cant hack all the overtime i do anymore and not seeing anything at payday. its gone within a week on debts.sigh well the staff at GP seem nice enough and she is positive it will go through. i start on 17th June so i guess its going through.I did have another iva company ring me called The Money Group and did not go with them as i felt pressured into it. i wanted to do the DMP but GP advised me IVA was the best course of action so heres to a debt free future :)

boops

Post by boops » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:50 pm
actually i got a cheaper quote from GP than that of the Money group. both payments were much less than what im paying without the IVA so i will be about £400 better off.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:22 pm
Good luck with your application. It does no harm to call a couple of companies to compare the services and support they offer - you will find that one of them is probably a clear runner, and you can benefit from a variety of information and opinions.

boops

Post by boops » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:07 am
Thank you. i am trawling this forum for some of my own answers and found some good and bad points about a different companies. but i think they are possibly all quite similar. so my application is being processed and im just going to go with GP as its underway and im due to make the first payment to them on 17th june. hope all goes well. thanks for all the answers from everyone.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:43 am
Best of luck to you then in the process. Let us know how you get on.
20 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”