Credit Report-what happens now?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

BlueShoes

Post by BlueShoes » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:13 am
Does the default status on my Credit Report (Experian)stated by five of my creditors automatically come off at the six year anniversary of the IVA starting?
One creditor has the date of the first default two months after IVA started-do I need to ask them to amend this?
We are trying to clean up the credit report as we desperately need to move house due to redundancy (our IVA is due to complete this month- 6 years in total)

It all seems very stressful.

Thanks

Blue

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:24 pm
Defaults come off 6 years from the Default Date. If the Default date is after the IVA start date you are entitled to have this amended to the start date of your IVA.

The IVA will come off your credit file 6 years after the start date assuming that the IVA is marked as completed.

Check all 3 credit reports, Equifax, Experian and Call Credit. Ensure Equifax have not put a Notice of Correction on your file and if they have ask that they remove it.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

BlueShoes

Post by BlueShoes » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:29 pm
Thank you- I just have one creditor with an incorrect default date (two months out)
Is there no trace of the defaulted files after the 6 years?

Thanks

Blue

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:06 pm
Yes, it's gone from your credit file as if it was never there. Banks keep their own records though, and if asked have you ever entered an arrangement with creditors you should say yes.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

BlueShoes

Post by BlueShoes » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:24 pm
I have to say the whole process has been life-changing (the IVA I mean) with real positives-but also some negatives. We have no regrets-but the fact you don't ever truly wipe the slate clean is a harsh punishment.

Thank you for your advice.

Blue

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:32 am
Why do you feel that you don't ever wipe the slate clean BlueShoes?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”