Aqua Credit Card

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
35 posts Page 2 of 3

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:54 am
This is a really positive thread and just shows how you have all turned your lives around from the troubles you initially had. I would say you are all in face "new school" rather than old school. You and everyone else in the same position are the new generation of society that have been trapped in the life that many others are still caught in, but have tackled it head on and come out the other side to lead a better and more stable quality of life. It will be an extremely long time before this is more commonplace but what a good place to aim for.

Best wishes to you all :-)
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:29 am
I think that the frugal lifestyle can be helpful to your children too. My daughter has just completed her first year at uni, does not have an overdraft, works and lives within her means, is very money savvy and although she does have the student finance has no store cards/credit cards or anything similar.

She knew about the IVA when I was in it and understands it totally.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kev59

Post by kev59 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:17 pm
Got my motorbike back today after it sitting on the drive needing £270 of repairs. per iva that would have been done right away and put on a card. not any more.
Now is pay with my own money, which is a great felling.
Just got back from a ride out with my G/friend,
lovely ride and then a walk round Grafham water.
when my G/friend said we live the good life,
we have been out all day and its not cost us any thing.
And she is go right.
so any one finding it hard right now the good time will come.
IVA now over with and it was worth it.
now starting my life again,

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:01 pm
It is really great to see all of you on the road to financial rehabilitation, and I have no doubt that you will all use your newly found credit sources wisely. I often think that as IPs we could do a little more to assist with this process, but sadly the economics of continuing reduced fee income from creditors makes this nigh impossible.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Rainbow

Post by Rainbow » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:04 pm
I concur with all of the above and Melanie you will never know how much you do help all of us through this site the amount of your own time and expertise you share is above and beyond and I know personally at the start of our IVA you helped us through a long process and we will always be grateful for that.
At the end of each month even with the new credit card we want to be able to say NO debt here! [8D]
Every Cloud has a silver lining. At the end of the Rainbow is a Pot of Gold - Or Hope!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:09 am
Thank you so much for posting those kind words Rainbow. I wish you the very best of luck for the future.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

JanM

Post by JanM » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:28 pm
Despite my IVA coming off my credit file, I still have an appalling low score with Credit Expert. What will happen if I apply for an Aqua card and get turned down? I am terrified my credit limit will go even lower :( All I want to do is get a mobile phone account in my own name !

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:14 pm
Hi Jan. Have you checked your credit files to make sure ll of the defaults have actually dropped off as they should have done ( were they dated correctly ? ).

On the mobile front, T-Mobile have entered into new contracts with many forum members whilst still in their IVA's, so worth a try online.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

JanM

Post by JanM » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:18 pm
Hi Foggy, yes most have dropped off but I am in dispute over one which was part of the IVA but is showing as been defaulted for more than 6 payments (it wasn;t once it was part of the IVA). They have agreed to show it as settled but of course the default payments are still showing ! I am currently trying to get them to remove the whole thing but wihtout success. I really wanted to stay with O2 (current contract in my daughters name). I was hoping applying for a credit card with Aqua would increase my credit score but am now worried it may do the opposite if I am turned down

Loads a Debt

Post by Loads a Debt » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:43 pm
Hi Jan,

I have successfully taken a second phone contract on O2 for my son whilst still in mm IVA.

I seemed to remember someone saying that O2 would allow up to 3 contracts for each individual?

Hope that helps.
I can now do without.....

zeb1104

Post by zeb1104 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:23 pm
For an additional line with your current phone provider they do not carry out a new credit check.... they will asses your worthiness based on whether you have paid THEM on time over the last few months and how many lines you have with them to date. I have worked for both T-Mobile & Vodafone and they both use this process. Hope this helps

hwima

Post by hwima » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:04 am
Hi JanM

You say you want a contract phone in your name because your current line is in your daughter's name? Well, it's possible. I have taken two new contracts in the time i've been in my IVA. First with t-mobile after 3 months then with 3 mobile after 2yrs. On both occasions i took the sim only deals to start with then upgraded after 6 months, landing 2 very good handsets each time.
*IVA started Sept 2010
*Last Payment Taken August 2015
*Completion Certificate Issued November 2015

Rappy

Post by Rappy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:39 am
Hi All,

I think I already know the answer but here we go. I want to improve my credit score. It no longer shows my IVA on check my file. I only have a mortgage, monthly bills & mobile.

It shows a few scores and I'm a little confused.

Data seen by lenders 700
Data seen by employers etc 834.

What is the quickest way to improve my score?. Also would I get accepted for any kind of credit with the above?

Thanks in advance, Rappy.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:55 am
Is your IVA still showing on your credit files as I think I read you've not received completion certificate yet
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

ginger323232

Post by ginger323232 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:13 am
Credit scores are only a indication - and not seen by lenders - each lender marks applications differently -based on their own criteria.

You can have a top of the range score and still be turned down by a lender.
Building you own credit history takes time - and by using a few well managed products this will help to build a good credit history - again its not a good score you want its a good credit history - there are NO quick fix - this will take time
Last edited by ginger323232 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
35 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”