Completion at Last

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:51 pm
As someone who used to post on the forum a long time ago - and having spoken to Andy,- (who has kindly O.K'd it), I am just returning for one last thread.

I started my IVA in early 2007 and made payments throughout with the final - 60th. payment - in early 2012. Throughout - I was a massive supporter of IVAs - and my chosen IVA Provider - and the "debt forgiveness" (is that the right term?) that IVAs offered.

Then - after my last payment in 2012 - VAT and - (more depressingly)- PPI hit - and everything came to a halt. Months passed after my final payment and - to put it mildly - my opinion of IVAs changed somewhat!! To be honest there were times when this forum really helped keep me going as I read other stories that showed that my situation was far from the worst. I now realise that these delays were industry-wide and certainly not directed particularly at me- nor were they a failing of my IVA Provider.

Anyway - eventually - matters were resolved to everyone's satisfaction and this week I received my Certificate of Completion. Having paid all the agreed 60 payments - plus a tidy sum of Overtime etc.- and some refunds (not PPI I believe!!) from Creditors - I have substantially passed my minimum dividend requirement. Obviously I would have preferred a 100% repayment and my failure to do so will probably live with me forever. I shall be eternally grateful for the second chance that this IVA offered me. (A lot of you will think that sounds like rubbish but it is honestly true!!).

So - I would just like to say Thank you, Thank You, Thank You, to everyone at Debt-Free Direct for what - on reflection - has been a great service, (I honestly do appreciate it), and to everyone on this forum - past, (whether or not we agreed on things) and present, and in particular to Mr. Andy Davie.

I can also confirm that I am already off the Insolvency Register!! This will sound stupid - but it is a truly amazing feeling!!

I would also like to say to all those currently in IVAs - hang in there - when you open that letter and receive that notice of completion AND see your name gone from the Insolvency Register - well it is the best feeling I have had in a long time!!

Thanks for reading.
47 months completed - 13 months to go.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:03 pm
Excellent post, Optimist -- I am so glad it all, finally, came together, as it will for those of us also currently awaiting that elusive certificate of completion.

I know how you feel about not hitting that 100% -- but, as we all do --- you did your best in the circumstances.

Here's to your NEW START :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:32 pm
Great to hear from you and lovely to know it us all behind you now. Good luck n the future and stay in touch x
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:52 pm
Hi

Great post Optimist

You are very welcome to continue posting as your experience will help many

Regards
Andam Davies

clairemichelle

Post by clairemichelle » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:00 pm
Hey optimist.
What a great post. Im quite new to the forum and havent aeen your other posts but can appreciate the frustrations. I think we take delays and no response so sensitively because of our frustration with our situation and the belief that its 5 years and done when the reality is its always going to be a bit longer....although the shorter the better.
Glad uve been able move on. Cant wait to get to your point.
Have a great weekend.
Cm x
Iva payments complete 5sept13. Cc dated 15oct13

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:00 pm
Thanks Foggy, Lulu, Andy, and clairemichelle for your kind words.

If I may say to clairemichelle - what you say is so true. I became very disheartened during the long period between final payment and completion. I could not believe that timing had dictated that I was squashed by both VAT and PPI delays!! Anyway - c'est la vie. I truly hope that those approaching completion in the coming months will not be so delayed. Thanks again - and I hope your CC is not too long in coming!!

clairemichelle

Post by clairemichelle » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:14 pm
Thanks optimist.
Can tell ur putting it behind you and thats healthy rather than letbit bite awayvat you.
Ive had dfd ppi trials and tribulations recently. Fingers crossed its moving now so I can see it in a different light to the frenzy I was in the other week :-)
This forums great for venting it and judith from dfd picked up my post so fingers crossed for 2013 to end on a high.
Cm x
Cm x
Iva payments complete 5sept13. Cc dated 15oct13

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:44 pm
clairemichelle -

Completely understand where you are coming from. Reading this forum makes you realise just how many people are in a similar position. Like you say - this is a great place for letting off steam. I had days when the IVA (or end of) was all I could think of and other days when it did not seem so important. In the end I just sort of gave up and waited for things to take their course. No help I know - but I guess we all deal with these things in our own way. All the best to you.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:51 am
How lovely of you to come on here to provide us with an update of the conclusion of your IVA. We seem to be seeing far more positive postings about DFD these days, perhaps they are encouraging their clients to spread the word - and why not! Good work is something to be proud of, and praise is always gratefully received by all firms!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”