PPI exceeding the 3 year claim time span

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:48 pm
Hello all! I need some help please!

Our last payment was April this year & Our IVA is with GT so I've not been not been in a rush to chase them yet.
A few months prior to completing the IVA we were sent all the PPI/bank charges information. I contacted GT & told them we felt we had not been mis sold any PPI as we wanted the cover when we took out our loan with back then Alliance & Leicester. I was told that I had to be seen to be getting back as much money for my IVA & it could be seen as a breach if I was not seen to be doing so, so I said ok, filled out all the forms & thought get on with it.
Alliance & Leicester wrote to us about the miss selling of PPI in 2009 & we didn't act on it as we felt it had not been miss sold to us, then forgot about it.
Now the company who are acting 4 GT have been doing some digging & Santander have now sent u copies of the letters (2) in 2009 & they state we have missed the time slot to make a claim, even though I never felt we had a claim to make!

Silly thoughts & I'm probably panicking but can they fail the IVA on this?
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

ginger323232

Post by ginger323232 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:20 pm
Hi Mrs Knight - would have though that GT will challenge Santander decision as its only 4 years ago - so they should still have all the details anyway. I cant imagine that they would fail an IVA due to something outside your control

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:31 pm
Hi Ginger
I sincerely hope not, I am worried & I have contacted GT & awaiting a call back.

I simply have not challenged the PPI as we were fully aware of what we were taking out & wanted the protection at the time for just incase scenarios.
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

ginger323232

Post by ginger323232 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:32 pm
Hope it doesn't delay closure !

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:27 am
Morning all, can anyone else share any thoughts on this, I'm still waiting on a call back.

Lyns x

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:44 am
Bump!

Lyns x

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:57 pm
I wasn't aware that there was time limit for claims. In any event, did you acknowledge these letters from Santander or just bin them? If the latter I would deny knowledge and ask them to prove service of time sensitive correspondence.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:36 pm
Hi foggy
No I did nothing with theses letters back in 2009 as we felt we were not missold any PPI on our loan & therefore felt we had nothing to claim.
Our IVA was with BE at the time & they had no issue with PPI & simply said from our IVA being approved either forward or ignore any further correspondence from your creditors.

Now I'm more worried.

Lyns x

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:57 pm
I sincerely doubt that there is anything to worry about Lyns. It;s up to the claims company to try to sort Santander out and, as long as you are seen to be co-operating any glitch is not your fault.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

viperboyz

Post by viperboyz » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:06 pm
A possible solution is to declare you didnt think you was mis-sold (As you originally thought)and sign a declaration of No Claim, Grant Thornton do issue these even if one person to the next on thier customer service team knows nothing about it) and banks sent mis-sold PPI to everyone who ever had PPI so you may not nessacerily even be owed any.
Time to end of IVA 0 days
Time to end of GT dealing with it...CC recieved after a battle royal !!

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:56 pm
Hi foggy - absolutely on the edge of just crying over this!

I now know sincerely peoples frustrations on the forum, of wanting their IVAs to end with a CC. This is such an added extra pressure for anyone to go through or after their IVA, and in a way a understandable one from a IP/creditor view.

I/we sincerely didn't feel we were missold PPI on our loan with A&L at the time as my husbands job & still is unpredictable! I just want this over like so many more.

I have explained to GT on 2/3 occasions we were not missold on this occasion & had requested the forms sent to declare this, but never arrived, then life got hectic & we just wanted to comply with what they wanted.
Last edited by MrsKnight on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lyns x

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:03 pm
Persevere with GT ... Request the form again. If you weren't miss sold then stick to your guns !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”